Model Cars Magazine Forum

RAW GOLD: a '68 TBird Pro-Touring with a '71 roof transplant in satin gold, inspired by Steve Stanford

Claude Thibodeau

On 5/22/2023 at 10:51 AM, ncbuckeye67 said:

I don't think it's too much, lol. Way more than I've ever put into one model kit. Even my contest entries aren't that detailed.

Hi Jeff!

Well, after all, the goal is to have fun. And since you enter contests, I'm certain you are enjoying every minute of it. So much styrene, so little time!

CT

Yes Claude. Fortunately I have a very understanding wife, who not only tolerates our hobby (and the "accumulation" of unbuilt kits that goes along with it), she actually enjoys going along with me to shows! She has also bought me my two most expensive "hobby" items for Christmas: my paint booth, and air compressor (with air brush accessories). 

7 hours ago, ncbuckeye67 said:

Yes Claude. Fortunately I have a very understanding wife, who not only tolerates our hobby (and the "accumulation" of unbuilt kits that goes along with it), she actually enjoys going along with me to shows! She has also bought me my two most expensive "hobby" items for Christmas: my paint booth, and air compressor (with air brush accessories). 

Jeff, that's what we call L-O-V-E. She's a keeper, needless to say...

CT

• Like 1

On 5/23/2023 at 12:16 AM, customline said:

Oh yes. I'm a big advocate for the roof swap.  This one is exceptionally nice. Great model, Claude!  Gorgeous paint! 

Hi Jim! 

Thanks for the comments.

Indeed, a roof swap usually changes the vibe of any car, even more so if you put a more recent greenhouse on a car: say a 70's roof on a 50's car. Coddington's Chezoom is a good example. Makes it instantly more contemporary. 

CT

4 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Jim! 

Thanks for the comments.

Indeed, a roof swap usually changes the vibe of any car, even more so if you put a more recent greenhouse on a car: say a 70's roof on a 50's car. Coddington's Chezoom is a good example. Makes it instantly more contemporary. 

CT

Agreed, Claude, I'm pondering a recipient of a '53 Ford roof. And another for a '63 'Vette. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2023 at 9:37 AM, crazyjim said:

Awesome build with a perfect stance.

What is the source of those terrific wheels?

Hi JIM!

Good news: I was lucky, and found the source of the wheels on my RAW GOLD 68 TBird, that you inquired about, and that I stated came from a bag of wheels I bought from a vendor at a show. 

Well, today, I was going trough an old issue of SAE, and saw that they come from Revell of Germany 69 Corvette Coupe, kit no. 07192. 

Hope that helps! 

CT