Model Cars Magazine Forum

Morgan Automotive Detail?

Just gonna chime in here FWIW.  I have bought quite a few products from, and no now the speediest delivery or reply to emails but the product I recieve is top notch. Ususally the distributors.

Just an aside, Teds Modeling Marketplace sells his products and shipping is pretty qiuck.

1 hour ago, TransAmMike said:

Just an aside, Teds Modeling Marketplace sells his products and shipping is pretty qiuck.

Tried that, since I prefer these distributors to others I've bought. Teds has zero of this product in stock, just like everyone else I tried who lists them on their web site. Ditto my local hobby shop.

18 hours ago, paul alflen said:

Sidney, Kris is a one-man operation not an amazon or Esty store. He doesn't have automated computer responses. He is old school. I think it would be best to contact a vender ahead of time to find out how long it is to ship and to see if it is in stock. Advance planning always helps. Patience is the key! If a guy makes Quality stuff, His stuff is always in demand!

Exactly. And I find it interesting that everyone.complains about the ebay fees but expect the vendors to use them.

Best to plan ahead to order before you need it quickly. 

• Like 1

Some of you are arguing the wrong point. The original post was about lack of communication, not shipping speed. Being a one man operation is not a get out of jail free card for lack of basic communication. I don't care how good the product is, and the above mentioned companies make excellent products, it is bad customer service to let a customer twist in the wind not knowing if their order was received.   

My comment is based on the edited original post. It is entirely possible that something has been added or removed from the original post that would change my opinion.  

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, stinkybritches said:

Some of you are arguing the wrong point. The original post was about lack of communication, not shipping speed. Being a one man operation is not a get out of jail free card for lack of basic communication. I don't care how good the product is, and the above mentioned companies make excellent products, it is bad customer service to let a customer twist in the wind not knowing if their order was received.   

My comment is based on the edited original post. It is entirely possible that something has been added or removed from the original post that would change my opinion.  

Exactly this.

Basic communication can be set up so it is automated. There is zero reason for not having basic communication. Shipping speed doesn't matter. Knowing my order was received, and my order shipped means everything.

Edited by ctruss53

24 minutes ago, stinkybritches said:

If you read though the comments you will see there was no lack of communication. The OP did not think to check his spam box for my email.  While we do not offer automated updates, I makle ever effort to reply to emails and have no problem doing so. At the end of the day he felt it was too long of a wait. That's fine. I don't want to lose the sale but, it's better than an unhappy customer.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kris Morgan said:

If you read though the comments you will see there was no lack of communication. The OP did not think to check his spam box for my email.  While we do not offer automated updates, I makle ever effort to reply to emails and have no problem doing so. At the end of the day he felt it was too long of a wait. That's fine. I don't want to lose the sale but, it's better than an unhappy customer.

You are correct. I did as others have and jumped on one part of his comment while ignoring the rest. I mixed his comment in with others comments and have made myself look foolish. My apologies to you. I have used several of your distributors and they are top notch.

I actually did comment on the email complaint. I've seen emails and texts for that matter completely disappear for many days only to magically appear. It happens. This so called boom of technology is not unprone to gaffs and unexplainable things.

3 hours ago, stinkybritches said:

You are correct. I did as others have and jumped on one part of his comment while ignoring the rest. I mixed his comment in with others comments and have made myself look foolish. My apologies to you. I have used several of your distributors and they are top notch.

I would not say you made yourself look foolish. I think it is pretty common to skim though a thread on places like this or FB. 

1 hour ago, Classicgas said:

I actually did comment on the email complaint. I've seen emails and texts for that matter completely disappear for many days only to magically appear. It happens. This so called boom of technology is not unprone to gaffs and unexplainable things.

Yes, technology is great.... Until it is not.

• Like 1

I have been reading this thread and will put in my two cents. The first time I ordered from MAD I didn't realize it was a one man show. After a couple of weeks and not getting an email stating my order had shipped I sent a email and ask what's up. I prompted received an email back explaining the items were made to order and it takes a while. I was in need of the item quickly so I ask for a refund. I got the refund promptly. The next time I ordered I knew to put in the order ahead of time, and all was good. I had no problems with communicating with them.