Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1969 Pontiac GTO

AMT68

On 5/10/2023 at 9:02 PM, TransAmMike said:

Wow Tom, thats one perrrty  GTO. Love the color, the paint job and overall build👍

Thanks Mike, of all the colors the GTO was offered in that year I think the dark blues are my favorites. 

On 5/10/2023 at 11:57 PM, Rattlecan Dan said:

Have to agree with all the compliments. That's one very fine-looking GTO! Excellent build Tom. Thanks for posting.

Thanks Donato, I just try to be more patient with each build and particularly the small details. 

21 hours ago, adamelvis said:

That Body & Paint is smoooooth ! 

Great Work.

Adam

Thanks Adam, I spend a good deal of time wet sanding the final coat of clear on my models. Some modelers can lay it down smooth but not me. 

18 hours ago, Smitty said:

Superb job! I always HOPE my paint jobs will turn out like this. Great work detailing the wheels too.

Thanks Eric, I was uncertain how to properly detail the Pontiac Rally II wheels. Don't think I did them entirely correct but I'm satisfied with the result. 

1 hour ago, Bainford said:

Well done, Tom. Nice and clean, and great looking paint. That's one good looking Pontiac.

Thanks Trevor, for me there's  been a bit of a learning curve with the Dupli-Color paints but I do like the look they provide.