Model Cars Magazine Forum

Do I need setting solution for bmf?

No, bmf has its own adhesive and you rub it down to conform it to shapes. There are several decal setting solutions and most are capable of good results, probably the most widely used are Micro Sol/Micro Set and Tamiya. 

Edited by Fat Brian
  • Like 2

Be careful with decal solutions. Some are stronger than others, and can damage decals. Tamiya works good, but stronger than micro scales set/sol which are good too, but weaker than Tamiya. Mr hobby has a decal solution set too, but I think it’s stronger than Tamiya. You also got Solva set which is very strong as well prob as strong as mr hobby’s. Set/Sol probably your best bet as it’s cheap, and works great especially SOL to get that painted on look. 

Edited by Dpate

Milo, I'm curious about what made you think you needed a setting solution for BMF?

Bare Metal Foil is adhesive-backed metal foil, Not a water slide decal solution.  It is like self-adhesive stickers.  No solution should be needed or used. 

19 hours ago, kruleworld said:

BMF company also have decal paper

Yes but when you say you used BMF on a model in our World it's the foil we mean, not the decal paper or any other products.

Edited by Force

6 hours ago, Milo said:

Peter, I was searching for decal solution and something popped up called bmf setting solotion, maybe it was just a company's setting solution

When you say BMF it's to a modeler it's the self adhesive metal foil we mean, not decal paper or any other of the products Bare Metal Foil has.
The setting solutions sold by Bare Metal Foil Co are Micro Scale Industries Inc's  products as BMF does not have any of their own.

Edited by Force

OK guys. I think the OP was confused because of this listing on Amazon.

I see a couple other similar listing with "BMF" in the description for the product for some reason.

"Microscale BMF 128 Microsol Setting Solution MSSOL  

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Microscale-Microsol-Setting-Solution-MSSOL/dp/B0006O9K5Q

Edited by Can-Con