Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where's Waldo?

Actually, where's the distributor on a 1941 Lincoln Continental engine? In the pics I've found you can see the wires are routed through two tubes that run along the top of the cylinder heads. I can't find a pic that shows the actual distributor, though. I'm guessing it's on the front of the engine somewhere? It's the Monogram kit I'm building, which doesn't come with a distributor, so I can't get the position from that. A pic of the 1:1 engine showing the distributor would be wonderful.

OIP.jpg.243b86214f98ae5e4618c48c0e06c454.jpg

• Like 1

The folks on this forum are such a great resource! Thanks much. Now I can see that the distributor is molded into the engine. The wire routing tubes are also included, but may be too small to drill for wiring. Shouldn't be difficult to fabricate something more suitable. Cool!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sidney Schwartz said:

The folks on this forum are such a great resource! Thanks much. Now I can see that the distributor is molded into the engine. The wire routing tubes are also included, but may be too small to drill for wiring. Shouldn't be difficult to fabricate something more suitable. Cool!

All I did was drill three .021” holes through the kit part at 45 degrees and a shallow one at the end of the pipe. Then I fed my .020”  (beading wire) plug wires through the holes, fastened with a touch of CA, and trimmed the excess on the far side. Sorry, not very good pics.🥴

IMG_6336.jpeg

IMG_6335.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG
  • Like 2

I clicked on this "click-bait" thread and I see that there is some very useful info. But why not have a more descriptive subject line, like "Where is the  distributor on a 1941 Lincoln Continental engine?" I'm a huge proponent for descriptive subject lines to make searching the forum easier. IIf you agree, how about editing the initial post and change the subject line.  "Where's Waldo" is simply silly. Very cute, but useless.

• Like 1