Model Cars Magazine Forum

PONTIAC Starlight Black -

I just boughted the AMT 1968 Garbage Truck Option (haha ! I couldn't resist) and are going to be painted black on it. I recognise that Pontiac offered a colour which is entitled Starlight Black  -- anything unique about this particular offering ? Is it just another nomenclature for black (e.g., Formal Black or Tuxedo Black  et alia) , or is it a metallic or pearl ?  I wanta give this rascal a righteous paint job (black-on-black, maybe black-on-red) but I don't feel compelled to spring for the correct shade from Scale Finishes or MCW  or whoever if the black is just... black. 

Thanks !

Not sure what the Pontiac color you mentioned looks like. From the name Starlite I perceive that it may mean a color with some sort of metallic finish. There are many different shades of Black with a metallic finish out there in spray cans or premixed if that is what you are after. Another approach would be a coat of gloss Black and a coat of Pearl Clear. Sounds like a Garbage Truck used for something other than picking up the trash.