Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 65 Chevy 2 Gasser

Brockc

I built all of the ones in the OG form, probably around 1970. The Comet, Mustang, Falcon and the Time Machine 1965 Chevelle. I built another Chevy II around 1995 when I got back into modeling... man did it look like BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH. I should un-box it and give it a new life.

Like the old MPC modified kits, they are a good start to a well detailed build. Like a blank canvas.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bobss396 said:

I built all of the ones in the OG form, probably around 1970. The Comet, Mustang, Falcon and the Time Machine 1965 Chevelle. I built another Chevy II around 1995 when I got back into modeling... man did it look like BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH. I should un-box it and give it a new life.

Like the old MPC modified kits, they are a good start to a well detailed build. Like a blank canvas.

I wanna build the falcon one but I would do a mustang but use a revell kit as a donor 

• Like 1

I'll be watching your build. I just recently started building the same kit. I needed to find a kit to get me out of a building slump. It needs a lot of mold lines cleaned up. I plan on adding a little bit of extra details since the model is pretty simple. I have seen other peoples builds of this kit on this forum. Looks like it can be made to look pretty nice.

• Like 1

Some more progress I have painted the headers for it image.thumb.jpg.d54abd6576f38a155b0012327a0c02af.jpg      

I’ve also bent one of the rear leaf springs so it has that 1 wheel in the air look at a launch 

image.thumb.jpg.5a6bb83b7bd5a7074f9860da448e81a1.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.c1339347dbf133f47b672a01cca1db88.jpg

here’s that tourqey look it will have 

but I have to get this and my ranchero finished before I can start my newest kit which is the dda hq custom which will be built as an 80s aussie streeter complete with a crower injected sbc but that will wait 

I have done some scratch building on the interior of this kit as it is extremely basic and I have done work on the firewall IMG_0206.thumb.jpeg.774eca5751a0e222a46160e4cd5aac6c.jpegIMG_0207.thumb.jpeg.84c0b7633f4caeeb0b9beb6d53c7f6ff.jpegIMG_0205.thumb.jpeg.7be487d468a9e58ba7eb65e292a36407.jpeg 

I am still undecided on what colour I’m leaning into a yellow like a mQQneyes style gasser then to do a nova wagon as a mQQneyes shop sedan delivery or do it in a green and make a matching sedan delivery as well 

• 2 weeks later...

VHT also makes a nice silver paint for wheels. Argent Silver, made for older Ford wheels and splash pans. Their Rollcage & Chassis black is also quite good.

As a kid, most of us brush painted the silver on the interiors, we thought it looked GOOD. I did graduate to spray cans of Testors flat black to do the bulk of chassis painting.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...