Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ryan Blaney 2023 600 winner

randyc

Done!  Took 9 days to do all the decals, building the chassis at same time.  Apply>wait>apply>wait.  You know the drill.   But I wanted the most challenging decal scheme I could get.  I like decals.  

I ordered a couple more NASCAR kits on sale.  I built over 300 old school NASCAR kits and sold them all.  This was fun even though I don't keep up with NASCAR much anymore.

I wanted this build to sit beside my GT4 build.   They will go good together.  

IMG_20230913_095959037.jpg

IMG_20230913_095953957.jpg

IMG_20230913_095935243.jpg

IMG_20230913_095930764.jpg

IMG_20230913_095910987.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Nacho Z said:

You did a wonderful job with this!  I’m like you in that I love doing decals.  Truly my favorite part of modeling.  I imagine that there was a good bit of applying decals on top of other decals with this kit?  

Yes.  The camo is a layer.  The black details are a layer of course, then the extras.  The sides with camo, bottle, and stripes are one piece.  Being my first Salvinos, I had to think about it a lot to figure out the best way.  

I'm doing the 2022 Trackhouse cars now.  I liked the Blaney car and WMCC had the Track house cars 2 for $35.   Just to build a couple more of these.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rattlecan Dan said:

Way too busy looking for me. But it sure seems like you did a fine job on it. 

I agree.  I'm not a fan of camo really, but wanted something wild to give me a challenge.  Back in the day, I would bought a kit and a sheet of decals, but at kit prices now, gotta find one that does it all for me.  I do love that you can do the salvino cars without painting.  I did put clear on before decals and after.  

• 2 weeks later...