Model Cars Magazine Forum

1973 Gremlin X

landman

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, peteski said:

Looks great Pat!  Are you going to use the LEVI'S and Hurst decals too?

Thanks. I was going to use the Levis as my car had it. I may as well use the Hurst too as I had added a Hurst shifter.

On 2/24/2024 at 6:40 AM, landman said:

Thanks. I was going to use the Levis as my car had it. I may as well use the Hurst too as I had added a Hurst shifter.

Cool!  I saw them in the photo of your car so I included them on the decal.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2023 at 9:51 AM, landman said:

Completed the interior. I managed the brass buttons but did not attempt the stitching.

This looks great!

I recently built  this kit and I liked the idea of the Levi's edition, but didn't think I'd be able to pull it off, so I went with black.

Such a great little car, I'd proudly drive one today if I could!

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2023 at 7:06 PM, peteski said:

These cars were real POS, but they were sure unique looking. My GF's sister owned one and I heard horror stories.

Of course I also understand wanting to build a model of your car.  I have that '75 Gremiln X kit too, because of its unique look.

I'm curious: what are the visual differences between '75 and the '73? Is it just the details of the "C" pillar?

What would be really cool is if you could get those stripes done in metallic gold.

I kind of think it's how the car lived. I had a Gremlin with 3 spd manual and a 6 banger, a 76 Hornet X V8 hatchback, a 78 Concord two door 6 cylinder with auto trans, 78 Concord wagon six with automatic. All were dead nutz reliable cars. These were all based on the same platform.