Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wheel set needed

1 hour ago, lordairgtar said:

s-l300.jpg

Does anyone know where I can get this wheel 3D printed or resin cast?

There is a similar wheel on Cults3D. You can buy the file and there are a few folks on the forum that will print it, according to posts I've seen.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/various/borbet-wheel-for-diecast-and-rc-model-1-43-1-24-1-18-1-64

image.png.77f07ccaf02abef1f10128e0399e7aa9.png

Hey guys,

3 hours ago, Texas_3D_Customs said:

Man shapeways has lost their mind $12 for shipping by the time you buy a set of those wheels You're at $30 I am shocked to be honest

I know that their pricing strategy is more then weird and I totally agree. I was shocked too even already after the first increase.

I´m still thinking about your offer. Looks like it becomes more and more a good and less expensive alternative for other modelers.

Thanks everyone for looking. Seems the closest is to get them from a 55 step side. What I had on my old wagon were a lot different than the Fittipaldis shown from the 3D files. My old Mangels were a copy of a Coddington wheel but looked a bit better IMO.  These are Boyd's wheels which I think is the wheel in the 55 Stepside kit.1726254509_2018-06-2514_07_37.jpg.44a5a8f6ff97388d61bc92e7e5bcee65.jpg.a303add66e59d8431e4c79ce4c482bb5.jpg

Edited by lordairgtar

Just checked Gregg, sorry, all I could find was one good one, one with the spokes painted and one with the lip of the rim sanded off.

The AMT wheels do look more like the ones in your first pic then the Boyds in the large pic.

Another kit with similar wheels is the Monogram '55 Ford pickup. A bit larger diameter though.

55-ford-pu-05.jpg

18 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Just checked Gregg, sorry, all I could find was one good one, one with the spokes painted and one with the lip of the rim sanded off.

The AMT wheels do look more like the ones in your first pic then the Boyds in the large pic.

Another kit with similar wheels is the Monogram '55 Ford pickup. A bit larger diameter though.

55-ford-pu-05.jpg

Thanks, Can-Con. What was real interesting was the Mangel wheels looked better IMO, cost less, plus the center caps interchanged with the Boyds. Those wheels looked really nice on my 83 Mercury Marquis Brougham wagon (current project, 3D printed body. The 55 Chevy Pick ups are easy to find and the wheels were the same in several iterations of that kit.

• Like 1