Model Cars Magazine Forum

Diahatsu Copen 1/24

c baldwin

Thank you for allowing me to post another build. More work on trying to improve my gloss finish. I chose the "lowered" option and in hindsight I have would now gone for the normal ride car or maybe a half-lowered modification. Perhaps the light shrouds on the inside were interfering with the body sitting level on the frame. Mr Hobby paints and clear coat gloss. The roll bars and grille were de-chromed and Rub'n Buff silver applied on the grille to slightly tone it down from chrome.

I'm adding an upper trunk brake light reflector panel but it will have to dry a few more days before applying.

Thank you for checking in and all comments welcome.

P1030304.jpg

P1030305.jpg

P1030306.jpg

P1030307.jpg

P1030308.jpg

P1030309.jpg

P1030311.jpg

P1030312.jpg

P1030315.jpg

• Like 5

14 hours ago, ea0863 said:

Craig, your attention to detail really adds to the quality of this build. The interior details, the body line accents, even the masked side view mirrors are just exquisite. Well done!

Thank you and everyone for kind comments.

24 minutes ago, kelson said:

A very unusual car...

My first introduction to the car was when I spent more time on PS GranTurismo. I do prefer the second generation version but there is no kit of it, available yet.

My very long return to car modelling was spurned by my follows on X(formally Twitter), who are mostly Japanese modellers. Some of them post tips and details of their build.

Builders like Xmen @HirakawaDavid and @RaptorGmbH make it hard not to be in awe of their skills.

I tried to add this scratch trunk lid brakelight reflector made from a small piece of photoetch and coated with clear black and red but turnout to be very difficult to attach.

Craig

20230923_095756.jpg

Edited by c baldwin
  • Like 1