Model Cars Magazine Forum

Randy D's Bird Cage

There was a new local show, here, yesterday. As I was looking at the vendors' tables, I was recognized by the models I had placed on the table. When I started to engage the speaker in conversation, I looked down, and my eyes caught this, on the table. "Hey! I know who you are!", I said, smiling. We introduced ourselves to each other, and Randy was kind enough to let me look over this copper-bodied beauty. Admittedly, it may have been more of a fondling. Just--wow. It was an honor to be able to hold it, and admire the fine craftsmanship Randy has created, in this. It was a highlight of my day.

Randy asked me what was next, once the Nostalgia Fueler is complete. I suggested that it would likely be either the '53 Corvette, or the Monogram Chaparral. He helped make that decision by offering a set of HRM Chaparral wheels and tires, then refusing to accept payment, for them. Thanks, Randy. That was incredibly kind, of you! It was nice to meet you, and I enjoyed our conversation. Beautiful work, sir!

DSC_0053cr.jpg

DSC_0054cr.jpg

DSC_0055cr.jpg

DSC_0056cr.jpg

DSC_0057cr.jpg

DSC_0058cr.jpg

DSC_0059cr.jpg

DSC_0060cr.jpg

DSC_0061cr.jpg