Model Cars Magazine Forum

A question for Mr. Goldman - Re Round 2

iwantmodels

It's good to hear the Supervan/Love Machine  is being discussed, as it  would be welcomed back, as would the IMC Bugs Buggy, that only had one release in 69.( molds gone?)

and still hoping for a Barris Bed Buggy, that R2 almost released 5 or 6 years ago, as that has become unaffordabletainom 

1494919-66456-11-1440.jpg

bugs-buggy-model-kit-toy.webp

R2IGMPCBedBuggy.jpg.969d099a0f6c2f4ee406eca0c355b4dd.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

Hi Steve G could we get a big fix on the MPC '71 Demon decals  the tail light panel decal needs to be thinner around the border and the hood decals need to satin not gloss thx !

You'd have to do a printing of the hood decals all by themselves included as a separate sheet from the rest of the decals.  There's no technical way to "spray" a decal sheet with two different types of clear coat when its screen printed like you're suggesting.

There is only one real gripe I have with Round 2 kits with n general, and since Mr. Goldman is on the line, I'll just say it here.  😁

The decals. Not everyone is going to apply them to a white or light colored paint job. Could you please, pretty please, let someone in a position to address this know the graphics need a solid backer of some sort? Round 2 decal graphics have been great for a while, in terms of looks and application, but the beautiful artwork doesn't mean much if all or part of the design disappears over a dark coat of paint.

Anyway ... I'm off to buy enough '60 and '63 F100 kits to almost amortize the tooling costs. 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Chuck Most said:

There is only one real gripe I have with Round 2 kits with n general, and since Mr. Goldman is on the line, I'll just say it here.  😁

The decals. Not everyone is going to apply them to a white or light colored paint job. Could you please, pretty please, let someone in a position to address this know the graphics need a solid backer of some sort? Round 2 decal graphics have been great for a while, in terms of looks and application, but the beautiful artwork doesn't mean much if all or part of the design disappears over a dark coat of paint.

Anyway ... I'm off to buy enough '60 and '63 F100 kits to almost amortize the tooling costs. 😂

Chuck,

Unless done for a special effect, all the in-house decal artwork is designed to have a white underlayment where needed for use over dark colors.  But for some unknown reason some recent production decal sheets came through missing sections of the white underlayment.  To the best of my knowledge the decal sheets with those issues have been caught and we have corrected replacement decals available for those instances.   It best to contact customer service with the details of which kit or kits you ran into this issue, and we'll send out a replacement assuming it's not a new issue.  

-Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Steve! 

I was looking into replacements for a couple (I was able to work around the problem on a couple projects) but was worried about the replacement having the same problem. Good to know you're in top of it. I'll file this info away for future use if needed.