Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Coronet R/T almost finished

drodg

I should wrap up this 67 R/T this next week.  The body paint and vinyl top etc was done by Mike Hanson many years ago and it is Turbine Bronze.   The paint is fabulous on this kit.  I think I have had it in my to be built stash for 10 plus years.  I need to finish up with like a few suspension pieces, Hemi emblems, wipers etc.  Nice kit maybe not the best body shape but still builds pretty nice.  I own a 1:1 red 67 R/T now and back years ago I had a Turbine Bronze with white top and white interior R/T.  

IMG_6140 (1).jpg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Steamboat said:

Beautiful!  I remember building that when it first came out.  It's a great kit and has probably the best 426 hemi in 1:25 scale.

Thank you.  It is a pretty nice kit especially for the late 90's release if I am not mistaken.   It has fought me a little bit here and there but not awful.  

On 11/13/2023 at 10:13 AM, drodg said:

I should wrap up this 67 R/T this next week.  The body paint and vinyl top etc was done by Mike Hanson many years ago and it is Turbine Bronze.   The paint is fabulous on this kit.  I think I have had it in my to be built stash for 10 plus years.  I need to finish up with like a few suspension pieces, Hemi emblems, wipers etc.  Nice kit maybe not the best body shape but still builds pretty nice.  I own a 1:1 red 67 R/T now and back years ago I had a Turbine Bronze with white top and white interior R/T.  

IMG_6140 (1).jpg

Looks great.

Did you sell your '65 Coronet?  I had to take my Ram in for some warranty work at Grieger's last month, and they had it in the showroom.  Wasn't sure if they were actually selling it, or if it was just on display to generate some foot traffic.

12 hours ago, Robberbaron said:

Looks great.

Did you sell your '65 Coronet?  I had to take my Ram in for some warranty work at Grieger's last month, and they had it in the showroom.  Wasn't sure if they were actually selling it, or if it was just on display to generate some foot traffic.

I still have my 65, I keep it on display in the showroom.   Wow small world and you need to pop in and say hi .  I don't know many model cars builders.     

On 11/23/2023 at 12:40 AM, drifterdon said:

Really sharp paint on this Mopar.   Love that Bronze color.   Can't wait to see the final pics when you get her done.   Super nice.

Don it is in the under glass section.  Thanks so much.