Model Cars Magazine Forum

Site is not working right for me now

GoodbuildNY

5 hours ago, Dave Ambrose said:

Should be working in all browsers now. Just remember to clear your browser cache.

Thank you Dave for the tip. I appreciate all the work your putting into this. However I just took your advice and did that and tried to use the site with Bing and same issues. Anyone else using Bing or have anymore tips ? 

11 minutes ago, GoodbuildNY said:

Thank you Dave for the tip. I appreciate all the work your putting into this. However I just took your advice and did that and tried to use the site with Bing and same issues. Anyone else using Bing or have anymore tips ? 

When you say using Bing, do you mean the Microsoft Edge browser?

@GoodbuildNY I don't understand why you are using a search engine to browse the modelcarsmag web site.

I understand the use of Google or Bing or Duck Duck Go search engines to search for specific items on a web site but I have never considered using such a search engine to browse web sites.

What are the advantages? 

cheers, Graham

5 minutes ago, ColonelKrypton said:

@GoodbuildNY I don't understand why you are using a search engine to browse the modelcarsmag web site.

I understand the use of Google or Bing or Duck Duck Go search engines to search for specific items on a web site but I have never considered using such a search engine to browse web sites.

What are the advantages? 

cheers, Graham

I guess I can’t speak to advantages over another method because I’m not very familiar with the other ways. I utilize the bookmark feature in the search engine ( Bing or DuckDuckGo) which brings me right to the site. This way is just easy to me and with DuckDuckGo it cuts down on a lot of other web issues. Is there an easier way or better way...? probably, IDK . But I have been very fortunate that up until this last update I’ve never had any issues with this site . Advantage? Full disclosure, I’m not much of a tech person.

13 hours ago, GoodbuildNY said:

I utilize the bookmark feature in the search engine

Are you using the bookmark feature ( of Bing or DuckDuckgo ) to just open the modelcarsmag ( or any other ) website or are you actually searching and browsing the target website by using Bing or DuckDuckgo to do the searching?

I just don't quite understand what it is you are doing and I am just trying to create a mental picture of what you are doing.

If you are just using the search engine bookmark feature in order to use as a link to the web site of interest that makes sense.  However, you can also save bookmarks in your favourite web browser for the same purpose.

Perhaps we are both saying the same thing just that you see it one way and are calling it an orange and I am seeing it a bit different and calling it an apple.  Semantics of language can be confusing at times.  

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter much so long as we each can accomplish what we set out to do.

cheers, Graham

A couple of observations. These are general thoughts based on approaching this type of problem from my experiences.

OK I believe the op said he is using an iPad with Safari and a Bing extension for Safari.

In general for Dave to investigate he will  need the operation system version , the same for Safari , and Bing. He can then go to Invision and ask them about this.

It's quite possible that an update is needed for Safari or Bing or both. It's  likely that Invision didn't test this combination. I'm certain that there are lots of possible combinations of browsers and browser extensions. It definitely adds more complexity to the situation.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ColonelKrypton said:

Are you using the bookmark feature ( of Bing or DuckDuckgo ) to just open the modelcarsmag ( or any other ) website or are you actually searching and browsing the target website by using Bing or DuckDuckgo to do the searching?

I just don't quite understand what it is you are doing and I am just trying to create a mental picture of what you are doing.

If you are just using the search engine bookmark feature in order to use as a link to the web site of interest that makes sense.  However, you can also save bookmarks in your favourite web browser for the same purpose.

Perhaps we are both saying the same thing just that you see it one way and are calling it an orange and I am seeing it a bit different and calling it an apple.  Semantics of language can be confusing at times.  

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter much so long as we each can accomplish what we set out to do.

cheers, Graham

I think we’re pretty much saying the same thing. I’m using Bing or DuckDuckGo AS my web browser (instead of any of the googles ) and utilizing they’re bookmarks feature to link me directly to my favorite websites and research sites. For example, I like to do a lot of research on some of my projects ( like my mpc 69 coronet convertible) and have a ton of sites bookmarked using the Bing browser and their bookmark feature so that I can quickly refer back to them if need be without having to search again. When the project is wrapped up I’ll go in and remove a lot of those bookmarks no longer needed. For me it’s just handy . Like you said and I agree, at the end of the day as long as we accomplish what we set out too than it’s all good. Happy building my friend 

• Like 1