Model Cars Magazine Forum

Upcoming MPC Reissues - '79 Nova and '73 Cougar

Justin Porter

2 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

Bummer to get it presented all in one box, but as a modeler there are options, as you wrote Tim.

I think that if Round 2 wanted to put one of those engines in that kit they would tool up a new one instead of "borrowing" one from another kit anyway. Also, it would most likely a newly tooled engine would have better detail then an existing one , , , Except possibly the Boss 302 that was created for the '69 cougar in the late '90s or early '00s, that was nice.

18 hours ago, Can-Con said:

I think that if Round 2 wanted to put one of those engines in that kit they would tool up a new one instead of "borrowing" one from another kit anyway. Also, it would most likely a newly tooled engine would have better detail then an existing one , , , Except possibly the Boss 302 that was created for the '69 cougar in the late '90s or early '00s, that was nice.

In a perfect world, there would be tooling for almost every type of engine once available, which with modular tooling can be added to subject X, Y or Z.

Anyway, If Round2 had such an engine it would've been easier and more cost-effective for them to scan and improve than start from scratch, they hardly can scan an engine of a competitor, no?!

Now that we're talking about engines, I wonder what happened to the masters of the Ross Gibson resin engines and if they can't be scanned and have the design adapted to injection molding....

Yeah...I'm in a what if mode again, please kill me LOL

Edited by Luc Janssens
  • Haha 1