Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mpc Plymouth 68 cornet hardtop R/t with trailer

66c10

1 hour ago, garagepunk66 said:

We need a full-on K-code Highway Patrol option 4 door version of this kit now that the Hardtop is out.

If my count is correct, I think a grand total of 4 new parts would be needed to be tooled up for 

-new body

-new rear glass

-new interior side panels 

-new front seat 

I can think of about 4 or 5 candidates of 60's cars in their tooling bank that would benefit from an expansion to include a 4 door police cruiser version

Since the Ambulance version of the Ghostbusters Ecto 1 seems to be selling well, this shouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. 

Wow you’re asking for a lot all I want is some Dick Landy decals 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, M W Elky said:

Wow you’re asking for a lot all I want is some Dick Landy decals 

Actually they could do a LA highway patrol Adam 12 Version with some cool box art. I guess it would all depend on how that Ford Galaxie cop car sold for them.

Judging by what we've seen from Round2 so far, the '68 Dodge "Fever Bee" Funnycar or the '69 Coronet R/T seems like more likely future spin-offs of the '68 Coronet tooling.

3 hours ago, Chris V said:

Judging by what we've seen from Round2 so far, the '68 Dodge "Fever Bee" Funnycar or the '69 Coronet R/T seems like more likely future spin-offs of the '68 Coronet tooling.

I read on one of the Coronet topics that the 68 Coronet Feverbee will be next.  Could be a 4th quarter 2024 release or 1st quarter in 2025.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the MPC 69 Coronet coming out after the series of 68's finish.  My predictions for the 69 could be mid 2025 or late 2025.  Maybe Steve G can give more insight into the 69's.

12 hours ago, GMP440 said:

I read on one of the Coronet topics that the 68 Coronet Feverbee will be next.  Could be a 4th quarter 2024 release or 1st quarter in 2025.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the MPC 69 Coronet coming out after the series of 68's finish.  My predictions for the 69 could be mid 2025 or late 2025.  Maybe Steve G can give more insight into the 69's.

Wonder if the rear body cavity of the tool can be swapped too.

Edited by Luc Janssens

5 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

Wonder if the rear cavity of the tool can be swapped too.

Is the rear cavity part of the tool where the body would be?  Maybe someone from Round 2 reading this can answer this question?

Edited by GMP440

6 hours ago, GMP440 said:

Is the rear cavity part of the tool where the body would be?  Maybe someone from Round 2 reading this can answer this question?

It should've read; rear body cavity. 

My mind was faster than my two-finger typing.

On 3/31/2024 at 4:44 PM, GMP440 said:

0% chance a feverbee is out by the end of 2024, it took a year just to get a hardtop, and a 69 won't be till maybe 26 if they do it at all.

23 minutes ago, iangilly said:

0% chance a feverbee is out by the end of 2024, it took a year just to get a hardtop, and a 69 won't be till maybe 26 if they do it at all.

I think they just wanted to get the convertibles sometime to sell as they are a slower seller than the hardtop 

Wish the 70 Super Bee had the lightbar.  My original annual did. But Clear domes were NEVER included back then.

Only Clear-red.

Can't wait to get the hardtop. And Glad to see the clear domes added now