Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mpc Plymouth 68 cornet hardtop R/t with trailer

66c10

And, it does have the Light Bar.

No radio that I can tell, but then the original kit never had a radio either, that I know of. Just an antenna.

But, Congrats to Round2 for bringing those parts back.

Edited by stavanzer

13 hours ago, stavanzer said:

And, it does have the Light Bar.

No radio that I can tell, but then the original kit never had a radio either, that I know of. Just an antenna.

But, Congrats to Round2 for bring those parts back.

Correct, no radio parts. just the optional antenna.  I had hinted that there were some parts copied from the '69 Coronet annual kit and the Police car parts are some of those.  The red and clear beacon lenses were intentionally included with the convertible kit as a clue to the future version contents.  Internal beacon lamp parts were added as an improvement from the original and the mounting bar is now plated. Assembled it's a very good match to a Federal Visibar. 

-Steve

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, SteveG said:

Correct, no radio parts. just the optional antenna.  I had hinted that there were some parts copied from the '69 Coronet annual kit and the Police car parts are some of those.  The red and clear beacon lenses were intentionally included with the convertible kit as a clue to the future version contents.  Internal beacon lamp parts were added as an improvement from the original and the mounting bar is now plated. Assembled it's a very good match to a Federal Visibar. 

-Steve

In reference to the police car parts copied from the 69 Coronet annual kit;  is this a hint that we will be seeing the MPC 69 Coronet kit sometime in the near future?

I just rewatched the build video. It looks like tread plate detail was added to the inside bottom of the trailer. That’s a nice little detail that makes the new one match the original trailer from the annual kits (and the new trailer looked a little bare in there…).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CapSat 6 said:

I just rewatched the build video. It looks like tread plate detail was added to the inside bottom of the trailer. That’s a nice little detail that makes the new one match the original trailer from the annual kits (and the new trailer looked a little bare in there…).

Correct, that texture detail was missed originally. Any future runs of the convertible kit will also include the revised trailer floor part. 

-Steve 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, SteveG said:

Correct, that texture detail was missed originally. Any future runs of the convertible kit will also include the revised trailer floor part. 

-Steve 

The little details do not go unnoticed. These releases have been fantastic. Thank you, Steve!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

'68 Dodge Coronet R/T is now out , on Ebay

Just saw it on ebay too.  Looks like the Coronet kits have already reached the U.S.  I noticed that the kit on E-bay had no shrink wrapping on.  

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 4:01 PM, GMP440 said:

In reference to the police car parts copied from the 69 Coronet annual kit;  is this a hint that we will be seeing the MPC 69 Coronet kit sometime in the near future?

We need a full-on K-code Highway Patrol option 4 door version of this kit now that the Hardtop is out.

If my count is correct, I think a grand total of 4 new parts would be needed to be tooled up for 

-new body

-new rear glass

-new interior side panels 

-new front seat 

I can think of about 4 or 5 candidates of 60's cars in their tooling bank that would benefit from an expansion to include a 4 door police cruiser version

Since the Ambulance version of the Ghostbusters Ecto 1 seems to be selling well, this shouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. 

Edited by garagepunk66