Model Cars Magazine Forum

203 Classic Cars Found In Texas Barn. Part One.

John M.

As a classic car nut, I from time to time watch videos about them on You Tube and the one below showcases the largest stash of vintage Detroit Iron that I came across. It's only the first. Even with 2024 just around the corner, classic American cars are still being found all over. Enjoy.

Edited by John M.

9 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

..... Seem a bit suspicious to be too good to be true.

Having seen enough varieties of actual barn / storage shed / carport finds in the "BarnFinds.com" website over the years, the thing that looks odd in that video is the seemingly inadequate about of dust accumulated on the vertical surfaces. Of course, more would accumulate on the horizontal surfaces, but after enough time in otherwise drafty rooms, the fine dust sticks to the upright surfaces as well, giving a vehicle a basic overall filthy appearance, and what's on the horizontal surfaces looks a lot more uniform than what's seen in the stills in this video.

I mean, I've called BS on some of these barn finds before, as many of them are obviously staged..

This one looks legit though, to me at least..

And they're DEFINITELY still out there..

I personally know of 4 large collections, though nowhere near 300 cars, more like 40-50 cars, within 50 miles of my location, that look like this..

One collection, the nearest to me, is nothing but mid to late 60s Pontiacs, ALL 2-doors or convertibles, Bonnevilles, 2+2s, Catalinas, Grand Prixs, and GTOs..

About 50 cars in total, crammed sardine style into an old dairy barn, been there untouched since the early 80s, none for sale..

Another collection pretty local to me, of about 40 cars, all convertible Chevys, '60-'68 Impalas, '67-'69 Camaros, and a handful of Malibus and Chevelles..

Crammed into a long quonset hut type structure, all basically untouched since, again, the early 80s, none for sale..

There's an EXCELLENT '63 Impala SS 4-speed convertible in there, small block car, red, red interior, white top, needs fully restored of course, but I'll bet it was a real looker once upon a time..

There's another place just outside Columbus with nothing but tri-five Chevys sinking into the ground, maybe 40 or so cars outside, all body styles, none in great shape, the one right next to the road is, I shite you not, a red '57 Bel Air FUEL INJECTION convertible with a white top that is sunk up to its rocker panels in the yard, looks like it's been there for forty years, there's a huge pole barn on the property that is likely filled with cars, BUT, the dude who owns em all ain't very friendly at all, he'll show you his gun collection just for stopping in the road in front of his place, let alone pulling into his laneway..

Anybody on here in Ohio that has driven down SR 161 outside of Columbus knows exactly where all them tri-fives sit..

The last big a$$ collection I know about is 50-60 cars strong, and 99% Chevy Chevelles, spread over a large farm, and filling 5 or 6 buildings..

Name a rare Chevelle, go ahead, rarest one, and there's at least 1 of em at this dudes place..

Only time I've personally ever seen a '65 Z-16 or a COPO 427 Chevelle outside of a magazine..

I'll bet half of his collection consists of 1970 Super Sports, 396s, LS5 and LS6 cars..

Dude has been collecting them since the 70s, and they've been sitting in his barns for just as long..

I actually managed to buy the only car that WASN'T a Chevelle off of him, a ratty but complete '68 LeMans convertible that I stripped apart to contribute to the restoration of my '68 Ram Air II 4-speed GTO convertible, which is still a basket case..

ANYWAY, point is, I'm one dude in the middle of Ohio and I found 4 places like what's in that video, and in addition, I can think of at least 20 or 25 more stashes of old cars around here consisting of 5 cars or less..

Including my own lol..

So, yeah they're definitely still out there, just gotta do like it says in the good book, seek and you shall find!