Model Cars Magazine Forum

Do These Songs Remind You of......

CaddyDaddy

Just throwing this out there to see if I’m not the only one who thinks this way. Does the opening drum solo in Van Halen’s “Hot for Teacher” remind you of a fuel car starting up? How about the opening of ZZ Top’s “Sleeping Bag” ? Reminds me of a Funny Car doing a dry hop and then starting its run. You too?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The movie, The Song Remains the Same (Led Zeppelin) features a drum solo by John Bonham. There is also clips of his personal life while the solo is playing, near the end he drives a dragster down a quarter mile, while the car is idling at the tree, the drums match the engine sound, not sure if it was planned but I always thought it was super cool.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CaddyDaddy said:

Just throwing this out there to see if I’m not the only one who thinks this way. Does the opening drum solo in Van Halen’s “Hot for Teacher” remind you of a fuel car starting up? How about the opening of ZZ Top’s “Sleeping Bag” ? Reminds me of a Funny Car doing a dry hop and then starting its run. You too?

Never thought about it before, but you're absolutely right--it DOES sound like a fuel "cackle." B)

Now, how about the openings of Motley Crue's "Kick Start My Heart" and Montrose's "Bad Motor Scooter"?  Anybody else ever hear anything there? ;)

Edited by Snake45

😄Great topic..Well i agree with all the songs.Thats weird,and yea,I always thought that about Hot For Teacher.Does this count?The song that always reminded me of drag racing,and cars doing dry hops was the middle of Zepplin’s “Whole Lotta Love”.🤷‍♂️

On 12/31/2023 at 7:38 AM, CaddyDaddy said:

😆😆

• Haha 1

On 12/31/2023 at 11:15 AM, Horrorshow said:

The movie, The Song Remains the Same (Led Zeppelin) features a drum solo by John Bonham. There is also clips of his personal life while the solo is playing, near the end he drives a dragster down a quarter mile, while the car is idling at the tree, the drums match the engine sound, not sure if it was planned but I always thought it was super cool.

That's just what I was thinking about when I saw this thread.