Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any new info on the Moebius '67/'68 Chevy pickups?

5 hours ago, Can-Con said:

It's been almost 3 months since the first announcement. Anyone heard anything yet?

Maybe send them an email.  They are pretty good replying to emails they receive.

I'd be willing to bet that those kits will be late '24/early '25 considering they have so much already in the works. I do hope they decide to offer a wide range of kits from that tooling, long overdue!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

I'd be willing to bet that those kits will be late '24/early '25 considering they have so much already in the works. I do hope they decide to offer a wide range of kits from that tooling, long overdue!

Probably right Mike. I can wait though I think I have some other kits to keep me occupied until then. 😈

• Like 1

Last i heard were words to the effect that the company owner had directed the team to take their and make sure everything is to be as correct as is possible.  Exact timing was not mentioned, but based on my past observations of how Moebius develops kits, plus as Mike notes they do have several other projects underway that are sequenced ahead of this one, I think sometime in 2025 is probably a reasonable time frame....TB 

• Like 4

On 1/4/2024 at 9:34 PM, TheBEAUMONTGURU said:

They cant come soon enough for me!   i hope they get it right.   i have very high expectations! Ha!

So did the Ford guys ^_^

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have been making suggestions to Moebius since the first news came out about the Bumpside Fords.  I may have even been the bee in their bonnet about the possibility of 4x4s being much more popular, and the '65-'66 pickups being possible because these trucks shared a lot of the same components.  I made this suggestion about two years before they officially announced the '66 was coming out.  I am not sure that they will listen to this, but they need to incorporate the entire line of '67-'72 Chevy pickup versions, with the possibility of a '69-'70 Blazer to outclass the AMT/MPC kits and any year Suburban in that range, with the 3/4 and 1-ton options as well.  I really hope that they will include a 4x4 version from the very beginning and do a heck of a lot more research about correct details.  They got the spirit of the Bumpside Fords really close, but a lot of F100 details were absolutely wrong in those first kits, such as the wrong hubcaps, incorrect grille details, no lower chrome trim on the beds, wrong box art on the 1970 4x4 (3/4 ton, not F100!), and some funky motor details.  The last trucks, especially the 1972 F250 with snowplow is the best so far, and it even incorporated some details that my friend at Fireball Modelworks Resin had created in his line, but in much stronger styrene!  I'd like to see them include more service trucks, even a few fire department and ambulance versions, maybe even a forest service equipped truck as well.  They could charge a couple of bucks more and include photoetch for the script and some grille and dash details!  I hope that they will tackle the mid-1960s Dodges too.

• Like 3