Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bobby Hamilton Country Time Olds

Yeah Nah

Most Australian motor sports enthusiasts follow our own racing scene so we don't get a lot of NASCAR exposure here. Fortunately things like Youtube make it easier to enjoy NASCAR history and I can see why you Americans are so keen on it.

This is the only related model I have in my collection so is really built for the enjoyment of building another model car: ERTL 1991 issue of the late Bobby Hamilton's Country Time Olds. Decals were fun! 

20230507_085723.jpg

20230507_085619.jpg

20230507_085634.jpg

20230507_085659.jpg

20230507_085709.jpg

20230507_085832.jpg

20230507_085917.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bobss396 said:

I have some of those in my hoard. How tough was the rear glass to install? Very nicely done.

Cheers mate! I actually built this a few years ago Bob but I don't remember having any problems getting the rear glass in.  

• 1 month later...

Good looking car, you did a great job! Bobby Hamilton was a very nice guy. Got to know him when he was racing at Highland Rim and the Nashville Fairgrounds Speedways long before he made it to the Cup Series. I know he would like what you've done.