Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resurrecting a 1969 Coronet R/T hardtop glue bomb

17 minutes ago, Scott Eriksen said:

My 68 GTX was GG1 Green,green vinyl top and green interior ,,,with green stripes ...my 69 Coronet was painted 1970 Lemon Twist but was an original F8 Green car ,my 72 340 Duster was Chestnut Brown . Green was the "in" color back then .....didn't you have an Avocado toilet/sink /bathtub and tile in your house ???  lol! 😛  

Luckily, no avocado in home, but yellows. I had 70 R/T Challenger 440 4 sp  F8/ green gut/ top, 71 Challenger F3/ green gut 73 Challenger Rallye 340 F5 green gut, out of over 50 Mopars, they were the only green ones.

• Like 1

Installed the grill....found an R/T emblem in the parts dept.,,,,think that was in a Revell Landy Charger kit........the tailite lenses were missing but I still had the surround so I filled the openings with epoxy and shot it Stop Light Red .....installed ........... engine complete ready to drop in the K frame ...I didn't have the proper air cleaner pie pan so I fudged one up with some old Cady decals 

69rt12.jpeg

69rt13.jpeg

69rt14.jpeg

• Like 3

..................exhaust going in ,differential and springs,,,,she's getting a Dana 60 because I don't have a decent looking 8-3/4 around ,,the one in the new 68 vert reissue is that horrible hollow molded one

69rt16.jpeg

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Scott Eriksen said:

..................exhaust going in ,differential and springs,,,,she's getting a Dana 60 because I don't have a decent looking 8-3/4 around ,,the one in the new 68 vert reissue is that horrible hollow molded one

69rt16.jpeg

I just had to do the opposite. You can just say it had super track pack now. Looks great. I have the brackets if you need

• Thanks 1

........got the redlines today from Hobbylinc ,,,I found a better set of Road Wheels, more correct looking for a 69 with the brushed stainless trim rings,,also found the proper air cleaner decal ....installed radio antenna...she's a pre-January 69 car-no headrests...I'm gonna say she's done 

69rt19.jpeg

69rt20.jpeg

69rt21.jpeg

69rt22.jpeg

Edited by Scott Eriksen
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...