Model Cars Magazine Forum

30 ford

tabsscale1

Did this one over the weekend in a 24 hour Build didn't finish it until about 3 hours late. I really Hate Tamiya spray paint had troubles with their paint again. This time the paint crazed the plastic just maybe the last time I ever use Tamiya paint again . I think their paint is the worst paint on the Market

photo-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

photo2-vi.jpg

• Like 5

Looks good.  I don't know how you guys can work on these for many hours at a time like that.  A couple hours and I gotta get away from it for a bit.     I'm with you on the Tamiya spray bomb.  Don't care for it myself.  Member of the enamel camp here.

Perfect color and great looking finish. I'm surprised at the problems with the paint that you mentioned, has not been an issue here. Like the style with the white top insert, interior and firewall.

It's a good looking Rod. Nice stance, cleanly built and perfect color. To bad about the paint finish. Personally I have had great success with Tamyia spray paint and trouble with enamels. The paint topic is an ongoing discussion at our club meetings. I'd love to have a good tutorial to share with the guys.