Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 53ft trailer in IH livery

.................got it squared up ,, have to clean up some boogers and maybe shoot the primer tomorrow ....I don't have enough Chrysler Engine Red and Antique Silver left so I had to order more from MCW ,,should have it in a week or soĀ 

53fttrlr3.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

..................primed and painted the white and Antique Silver,,the lower sill is painted higher to match the level of the silver on the Transtar , wait a few days then shoot the red

53fttrlr4.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

............shot the red,,,not too much bleed thru, I expected more with all the rivets,little touch up here and there,,,,, next is paint the underside flat black,,IH decals and stripes, then nail on the suspension,landing gear and lightsĀ 

53fttrlr5.jpeg

transtareagle3.jpeg

Edited by Scott Eriksen
  • Like 3

........started decaling,,,,,,,,I made my own decals with Ink Jet decal paper I got on Amazon.... found a vintage IH Farmall add on the web so I used that ,,, have to hit it with Micro Sol yet. I ran out of Microscale white pinstripes so I ordered those ...once all the decals are on then shoot the clearĀ 

53fttrlr6.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JĆ¼rgen M. said:

Beautiful trailer, nice decals!

Did you use white decal paper? I made the experience that you can't make white backgrounds on transparent decal paper. Or is there a trick?

I used white decal paper for the IH logos ,,I have a pack of both white and clear paper I got on Amazon for Ink jet ,,pretty good results with it so far,,I spray 3 light coats of Tamiya flat clear over them and let it sit a day before using

I also put clear coat on top. Keeps em from wrinkling and peeling off.Ā 

That's really excellent work on that trailer. Very neat job!

If you want to avoid bleed through then first apply one layer of the color underneath the masking. That will fill the gaps unseen and allow almost perfect lines especially If you have an uneven surface like like nuts or structured reefer walls.

Not that yours aren't already close to perfect! šŸ˜‰

Edited by JĆ¼rgen M.
  • Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 10:05 AM, Scott Eriksen said:

I used white decal paper for the IH logos ,,I have a pack of both white and clear paper I got on Amazon for Ink jet ,,pretty good results with it so far,,I spray 3 light coats of Tamiya flat clear over them and let it sit a day before using

I have one of these trailers and they are long. I used some fairly large decals on mine and found taking a new #11 blade and poking a hole next to the rivets and soaking each with a drop of decal solution the decal settles right around the rivet and pushes the little bit of air out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sledsel said:

I have one of these trailers and they are long. I used some fairly large decals on mine and found taking a new #11 blade and poking a hole next to the rivets and soaking each with a drop of decal solution the decal settles right around the rivet and pushes the little bit of air out.

I had no problem with that with using Microsol,what I was referring to was I make my own decals with an Inkjet printer and after printing I spray the paper with Tamiya flat clear to set the inkĀ