Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1939 Ford tudor sedan chopped and sectioned

Paul Payne

Progress! Trunk lid is in place using liquid styrene cement. Next will be reinforcing all joints with super glue. Everything else withstood the cutting and handling to accomplish this. After the super glue is dry, time for putty throwing!

IMG_4061.jpg

IMG_4062.jpg

IMG_4063.jpg

IMG_4064.jpg

IMG_4065.jpg

Edited by Paul Payne
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Got the 39 hood sectioned- still needs a bit of tweaking. Shot some primer, things are starting to look good. Created the new window profiles from 0.060" stock and bent them into place after rescribing the door lines about 4 scale inches back. More putty, sanding, and checking, then more primer!

IMG_4092.jpg

IMG_4093.jpg

IMG_4094.jpg

IMG_4095.jpg

Edited by Paul Payne
  • Like 3

I am liking it

I like the idea of lengthening the door because although the Tudor doors are long they seem to end up looking short when the top is whacked and the proportions look so much better.  

I agree with Bill about the doors. It totally works.  The B pillars may need to be wider, though. It could be difficult to scribe an accurate looking door line on that piece but if you double it, the line will be there - you won't need to scribe it (or was that what you were planning?)

• 2 weeks later...

Coming along nice. Sort of reminds me of a Lincoln Zephyr. Just my personal preference but I would square off the bottom of the 'c' pillar to match the 'b' pillar. Or put a little curve in the bottom of the 'b' pillar. Keeps them in harmony so to speak.

• 3 weeks later...

Work continues. Chassis and engine done, with DeSoto bumpers from the Revell 49 Merc, fishtail dual pipes from Norm Veber, and a trailer hitch to tow my teardrop trailer. Also got some painting done. Next project will be cutting up the window glass to fit, then trial fitting the interior shell again.

IMG_4522.jpg

IMG_4523.jpg

IMG_4524.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...