Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 57 Ford Sedan Gasser

On 3/10/2024 at 4:26 PM, Luc Janssens said:

IMHO odd choice of wheels...

Looks like the custom wheels on the 57 Ford Del Rio Ranch Wagon box art are the same ones Revell used on their 56 and 57 Chevy kits.

While the modern custom wheels don't do anything for me personally, I'm stoked at the prospect of finally getting the smooth front bumper and a tube grille for the series of '57 Fords. 

Though the initial plans for a Ranchero based on this tooling were supposedly axed by Revell, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that they will eventually decide to go ahead with the project. Seems like a very low risk investment compared to the sales potential of such a popular model. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stef said:

Looks like the custom wheels on the 57 Ford Del Rio Ranch Wagon box art are the same ones Revell used on their 56 and 57 Chevy kits.

Yeah, Revell is getting a whole lot of mileage out of that set of Wheel Tooling. I don't really care for those wheels and think that they look dated now, even though they are not really that old. But, it is easy enough to find other wheels.

• Like 2

Like this reissue of the Bel Air. I'm not head over heels about the plus size wheel design, but like that you at least have the option.  Nice to have the suspension options and adding the factory Fuel Injection from the older Black Widow kit is a big bonus. One of the great things about the '55 - '56 - '57 Chevrolet kits from Revell is the ability to mix and match parts between the different year kits and body styles. Build possibilities are almost limitless. 

• Like 2

On 3/12/2024 at 8:18 AM, stavanzer said:

Yeah, Revell is getting a whole lot of mileage out of that set of Wheel Tooling. I don't really care for those wheels and think that they look dated now, even though they are not really that old. But, it is easy enough to find other wheels.

Using those big 20's will help fill the messed up front wheel openings on the Del Rio

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...