Model Cars Magazine Forum

'64 Chevy Impala SS inline 6

Sportabout

In 1964 Impala Super Sports have had the 230 6-cylinder standard engine, but most were equipped with V8 engine. I think Impala is more of a cruiser than a muscle car, so I also wanted power steering and AC. Such chevy 6 cylinder engines are not for sale separately or in any kits, so I decided to take the engine from the Pacer kit.

What's more refreshing than putting an AMC engine in a Chevrolet 😁

Body is primered but color is not decided yet.

_medium.jpg

Engine compartment is waiting inline 6

_medium.jpg

Chassis is assembled and painted.

_medium.jpg

AMC 258

_medium.jpg

Edited by Sportabout
  • Like 2

Those GM engines don't meet my requirements because they lack power steering and AC. And Texas 3D Customs engine is way too expensive to send to overseas, $63 with shipping and tax ☹️
Luckily The AMC 258 fits quite well in the engine compartment.

_medium.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FoMoCo66 said:

Texas 3D Customs is awesome. I've never bought one of there engine's but I've heard good things about them.

I have to add to that i have got about 6 or 7 from him and also 5 or6 from Iceman both have awesome quality and great detail. 

• Like 2

The engine and fuel lines are in place. Next I will install the AC hoses and the heater hoses. The exhaust pipe of the kit fit as is, but the driveshaft had to be modified. Radiator wall and radiator have been painted, fitted and waiting for installation.

_medium.jpg

_medium.jpg

_medium.jpg

• Like 1

The heater hoses have been installed and it wasn't an easy job. It's probably better to install the radiator wall and radiator hoses with the frame on. The interior is also almost ready, although I lost the shifter and had to make a new one. The trunk has been flocked and changed to be more original. The color of the body will be Tamiya X-7, painted and finished barn find style.

_medium.jpg