Model Cars Magazine Forum

'64 Chevy II Nova - Moebius/Resto Mod

You’re getting there Calvin. It’s looking good. The script decals: if they are the correct size, I will file or sand the script smooth but not completely off. If the decals don’t match closely then sand the script completely off and use the decal.

Looking good! I like the color choice too! That's too bad about the decal size. I either carefully brush Molotow Chrome over the script, or sand it down before primer and paint and then apply decals after paint or clear. I find Rustoleum primer pretty decent to use and very compatible with other paints. Their paints are ok as well, they just spray heavy due to the nozzle, but with practice you can control the flow better. Their clears are the issue as they are very hot chemically and have a tendency to react to the paint, even their own brand for some reason.

Thanks to everyone for the support and comradery. I'm pretty pleased with this build. Certainly an improvement from my last project, but there's always things you want to do better. Things like a last minute mishap with the windows. I had trouble with the front end. Everything test fit great , but then ended up with a big gap b/w the hood and grille. I manipulated it with a lighter but scarred the chrome plate. I did use foil at the rear, but I used a metallic Sharpie pen and Molotow on the trim. Top of the front window trim crept up the roof a bit.  I'll probably leave it. I ordered some aftermarket hood pins from Ebay for decoration and still waiting. I like the window decals for the color, but they just seem a little big to me. Got lazy about seatbelts because it was 1964. Good times.

*I had fun with my first attempt at "diorama" photos. I finding I get a kick out of setting up the photos.

20240331_121728.jpg

20240331_121747.jpg

20240331_121805.jpg

20240331_121831.jpg

20240331_121858.jpg

20240331_121918.jpg

20240331_122009.jpg

20240331_122039.jpg

20240331_122105.jpg

• Like 1