Model Cars Magazine Forum

Christopher Bells 2023 Daytona Toyota

curt raitz

SalvinosJR model of the Toyota Christopher Bell drove at Daytona in 2023. A very complicated kit not for the faint of heart. I did have issues with the instructions, parts misslabeled and not clear on how to fit/placement of some parts. Decals are excellent, but had to refer to actual photos of the real car to get proper placement...instruction sheet is sketchy at best. Paint is Tamiya TS-14 Black, everything else is decals. Only added detail was the screen on the drivers door. I wanted it to look as it would before Mr. Bell got in the car. Overall it turned out to be a very nice looking model of the real car.

DSC_0113-vi.jpg

DSC_0114-vi.jpg

DSC_0116-vi.jpg

DSC_0117-vi.jpg

DSC_0118-vi.jpg

DSC_0119-vi.jpg

DSC_0120-vi.jpg

DSC_0122-vi.jpg

DSC_0121-vi.jpg

thanx for looking

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I totally agree with your assessment of the kit and the horrible instruction sheets. I see you powered through all that to an excellent build. I also see that you must have glued the top of the air cleaner in place. I left mine loose so I could get the hood to shut flush. just put it in place to take under hood shots and stored it in the clear case with the watermelon I made to go along with my build of the Chastain Chevy and the Suarez first win Chevy as well. I don't plan on building any more next gen cars. It is just too frustrating. 

On 3/7/2024 at 5:33 AM, MarkJ said:

I totally agree with your assessment of the kit and the horrible instruction sheets. I see you powered through all that to an excellent build. I also see that you must have glued the top of the air cleaner in place. I left mine loose so I could get the hood to shut flush. just put it in place to take under hood shots and stored it in the clear case with the watermelon I made to go along with my build of the Chastain Chevy and the Suarez first win Chevy as well. I don't plan on building any more next gen cars. It is just too frustrating. 

Yes I did glue the air cleaner, but with canopy glue...removed it and the hood closes perfectly, thanx. Also my one and only build of these.