Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cutting Sewing Needles For Hood Pins

In hindsight I could have used .020" brass wire, but these look more realistic. Sewing needles are hard and sharp, plus they are dangerous to handle.

So I made up a little fixture from scrap plastic and .062" and .093" aluminum tubing. This allowed me to capture the sharp end. BUT.. the eye end will shoot out once cut.

I tried a folded up paper towel.. no good, right into my finger. Then I sandwiched a piece of scrap plastic between the folds. It worked and they are all the same desired lengthm

20240321_110740.jpg

20240321_110754.jpg

20240321_110746.jpg

There is a Ukranian company who makes after market resin and photo etched parts. I have seen photo etched panel locking pin sets on their site a little while ago but cannot remember the company name.

It could be USMC (Ukranian Scale Model Car) or something almost similar. Perhaps another reader may recall the correct name of the company.

2 hours ago, Bugatti Fan said:

There is a Ukranian company who makes after market resin and photo etched parts. I have seen photo etched panel locking pin sets on their site a little while ago but cannot remember the company name.

It could be USMC (Ukranian Scale Model Car) or something almost similar. Perhaps another reader may recall the correct name of the company.

https://uscp-ua.com/

i can happily reccomend their stuff too, quality is excellent and if it wasn't for the colour you would struggle to know its not plastic. Their resin seems to have a little more flex than other resins too which can be helpful. equivalent to c1 products in quality

theres also diolex production but they are more printed parts now

Edited by stitchdup
  • Like 1