Model Cars Magazine Forum

Does anyone know of a company in the Dallas area that uses the Alsa Chrome system?

39 minutes ago, Len Woodruff said:

We really have lost focus to the original question about finding a local provider of this service.

There are no "local" providers in the sense that they use any ALSA product commercially. The products are designed to be applied by the average slob with ten thumbs. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SfanGoch said:

The products are designed to be applied by the average slob with ten thumbs. 

I've read lotsa online reviews. Some folks love it and say it performs exactly as advertised.

Unfortunately, the average slob with ten thumbs seems to be able to overcome the designed-in idiot-proofing with great success.  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

There are no "local" providers in the sense that they use any ALSA product commercially. The products are designed to be applied by the average slob with ten thumbs. 

That was my guess right from the beginning.

You're probably more likely to be able to find a chrome shop that does vacuum metalizing on a small scale than you are finding someone who uses ALSA chrome commercially.

Steve

3 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

I've read lotsa online reviews. Some folks love it and say it performs exactly as advertised.

Unfortunately, the average slob with ten thumbs seems to be able to overcome the designed-in idiot-proofing with great success.  :D

That's a given.

There are people out there who will screw up Spaghetti-O's. <_<

Steve

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

That's a given.

Steve

Best description I’ve ever heard 😂🤣

On 3/28/2024 at 10:20 AM, Ace-Garageguy said:

A common problem when designing something to be completely foolproof, is underestimating the ingenuity of complete fools. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/28/2024 at 9:34 AM, StevenGuthmiller said:

I've worked with a couple of those guys. The worst part is those are the guys who think they are "Master Mechanics".....

• Like 1