Model Cars Magazine Forum

Reinarts personal grage

Dann Tier

Hey, everyone!  I hope you are all well. I havent worked on a car for nearly two years, so i'm hoping that this backdrop diorama will help me get back into it. I tried a year or so ago to build this, but it was terrible. I'm hoping i can do it right this time. In the past, i've tried to come up with a name for a ficticious "performance" shop.....high end, however, they have all been stupid, and unoriginal. I decided to use part of a good friends name to keep his memory alive, so his name; Reinert turned into Reinart(automotive art).  Being German-American myself, this name sounds fitting too.

I love Tudor, thanks to my English wife. The interior of the garage will have newer Tudor look, decorated with things that are of me. Other than the word, posh, i dont know what you call the exteriors style. The build will involve slate, stone, brick, and cedar.

DSCF0770.JPG

DSCF0771.JPG

DSCF0772.JPG

DSCF0773.JPG

DSCF0774.JPG

8 hours ago, PHPaul said:

Looks like a great start!  What will you be finishing the exterior of the garage with?

Thanks. The roof will be slate. The upper two thirds of the wall will be cedar shakes trimmed in painted wood trim. The face of the peak will be the same. The lower third of the wall will be some kind of decorative stone work. The wooden fence i made for either side of the driveway was done with Bass wood, but look terrible, so i will sand, and refinish them. In the end, they will be mounted on top of stone walls that mimic the garage wall. Lastly, the driveway will be done with fancy paver stones.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PHPaul said:

Very nice!

Judging by your wall art, we could be brothers.  :D  I'm 3/4 German as well.

What did you use for your roof slate?

Nice!  I used some cardboard that divided a case of wine, lol. I just have to finish weathering them.

Heres a pretty decent update. I dont think i can see myself doing anymore shingled, or shake style siding anymore -what a looong, boring process.

Now that the siding is up, this mock up will help me decide what colors i want to use for the stone walls.

DSCF0789.JPG

DSCF0791.JPG

• Like 1