Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dickey(Richard) Betts(Allman Brothers band) passes away @80.RIP

So I think it’s worth mentioning that Dickey Betts,80, the longtime guitarist from the Allman Brothers Band has died after some health issues,(cancer) this according to his family.RIP Dickey Betts.I saw them twice in concert,they were great.👍👍

IMG_1268.webp

IMG_1266.webp

Edited by NYLIBUD
  • Like 1

• NYLIBUD changed the title to Dickey(Richard) Betts(Allman Brothers band) passes away @80.RIP

My wife is the big Allman Brothers fan in this marriage so I told her about this earlier. She just texted me that she heard Jessica on the radio so was all excited about that.

Always a bummer to lose these guys that we remember listening to when we were younger and forget how old they've become.

One of the greats. And a favorite of mine. I meet Dickey and the rest of the band in 1969 while visiting a friend. At the time they had just arrived in Macon and was just trying to get by. Good times.

The road goes on forever......................play on brother.

4 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

We have lost about all the Allman Bros Band original members (if not all).   So sad.. one of  favorite bands also.

I think Jaimoe is the only original member surviving. Never got to meet Dickey unfortunately, drank a couple beers with Gregg Allman at Bike Week in Daytona Beach years ago. 

Next to the Grateful Dead, the Allman Brothers is my 2nd favorite band. 

We were supposed to see Betts at a show out in Montauk NY some years back, the show was canceled by the time we got out there. No internet that far back. We found out later that he was too inebriated to perform.