Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 1972 Mach1 in France over 40 years ago.

Posted (edited)

I found these online (Facebook) on a posting from 2017 of old pictures taken by the original owner of my 72 Mach1.  He was with the US State Department and was overseas in the 1960s and 1970s and had the car shipped to Europe in late 1971 (build date Aug 71)  and brought the car back to the US in 1981.  I saw an ad for it for sale in 1981 and I bought the Mach1 for a grand total of $1650.  I still have the car and over the years I added the wheels, stripes, spoilers and have driven it over 115,000 miles in the last 42 years.  The Hotwheels picture was taken on May 11th, 2024.

IMG_2555.jpeg

IMG_2555.jpeg

IMG_2494.jpeg

Edited by vamach1
  • Like 7

Man that Pony is stunning!!!!! Scotty so jealous! I was 16 in 1981 and driving a 71 VW Super Beetle dreaming of owning a Mustang. That did not happen till 83 when I got my 68 Coupe. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Picked up a nice trophy today at a show in Fort Lauderdale.  There was a nice variety of cool cars including various years of VWs.  Probably one more show before I have the car shipped to Arizona to the house.  Three years of apartment and condo living in Mimi has been enough for me.

IMG_2589.jpeg

IMG_2590.jpeg

Edited by vamach1
  • Like 2