Model Cars Magazine Forum

1951 Angila Custom

Car Crazy 81

Heres a teaser pic of a Angila that im tinkering with still deciding how im gonna build it i just wanna show everybody the Angila i'll be working on it later on once i get the courage to decide how i wanna build it. Any Suggestions & Ideas that would be appreciated.

IMG_1659.jpg

I'm starting one of these now as well. I opted for the modern street rod look with mine. How about 2-tone paint job, black for the top half, some lighter color for the bottom half, with big 'n little steel wheels painted to match the bottom half of the car and baby moon hubcaps? The suspension would need to be lowered. I'm going to lower the kit's rear axle and use the front axle from the Revell Deuce coupe to drop the front end.

The Anglia is one of my favorite vintage Revell kits. I haven't attempted it yet but, it would be interesting to see how much of the current Revell Willys street rod kit would fin under the Anglia body. You'd have all the lowered suspension, a pretty descent interior tub and a killer power plant. Might be something worth looking at.

Being a true traditional guy <_< i would suggest some fat whitewalls with steel rims, a kandy paint job prefereably green, a white tuck and roll interior, some fender skirts, and a nailhead thats fuel injected for a power plant, and an axel over spring straight axel up front :angry:

I just finished an Anglia for the NNL east. I did mine with an inline chevy 6 with hilborn injection. I used the strut front end from the Matt Hay thunderbird, scratch built rear suspension. two toned House of Kolor sunrise and sunset. Had to "mini tub" it even to get the relatively narrow rear tires under the fenders.

Good luck with yours, mine was a fun project, I love Anglias!

post-3920-1240189228_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...