Model Cars Magazine Forum

not just another revell merc...

jeffinvt

It is just another revell merc, I lied... But I did re-chop the roof so it has a more traditional slope to the rear, and extended the front fenders and light buckets. Fadeaway fender line and some minor other stuff. My first try at a custom, so I'm pretty happy with it, lots could have been better done.

DSCN1992.jpg

Edited by jeffinvt

.... lots could have been better done.

DSCN1992.jpg

Jeff, there have been a lot done considerable worse as well. Your rework of the roof line is spot on. The roof is the one major downfall of the Revell kit and unfortunately the thing most people overlook.

Great Build, you should be proud of your work.

I remember the w.i.p. on this and I must say I learned a lot from it. I'm definitely gonna redo the top on my merc, as well as the fadeaway. Super colors, real nice extensions of the front and overall a home run. I hope you enjoyed customizing 'cause you definitely have a nack for it!

It is just another revell merc, I lied... But I did re-chop the roof so it has a more traditional slope to the rear, and extended the front fenders and light buckets. Fadeaway fender line and some minor other stuff. My first try at a custom, so I'm pretty happy with it, lots could have been better done.

DSCN1992.jpg

Great job on the "MERC" :D .

Everything everyone else said, plus I like the "Bumperettes" :rolleyes: .

Edited by Treehugger Dave

DSCN1992.jpg

Hiya, great job there! But you know what I REALLY like, is the fadeaway.

Not seen it on many 1-1 customs or even models. Only 2 come to mind, Lois Bettancourt's Ayala built car and Sam Barris's personal Merc, both built around 49 and both claim to be the first chopped Merc I believe. :rolleyes:

A great build and thanks for showing.

J