Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's on your playlist?

No music while working for me.

I do have some Mixed CD of 80's alt music

I mainly throw in a Movie.

this way I can hear it but don't need to watch it.

mostly ;)

THis year I've Finished off

7 seasons of DS 9

4 seasons of Farscape

1 season of FireFly.

I have a DVR so I can watch TV shows at my Leisure

Its good to see some guys in here that head bang..

Heres some of my current playlist

As I lay dying

Kingdom Of Sorrow

Acid Bath

CrowBar

Soilent Green

Graveyard Rodeo

Pig Destroyer

The Haunted

Chili Coldbood

HankIII

Honky

Legendary Shack Shakers

And

Iron Maiden

Black Sabbath

Hendrix

I only head-bang when I screw up on my model. DOH! Wack, wack, wack owie that hurt! LOL!

I'd love to watch my digital movies on my computer, but the video playback on my computer glitches and is no fun to watch movies on it. I'm hopeing for my delayed b-day present I'll get a new computer with a much better video card.

Not a better current prog/metal band, IMO, than Mastodon. Their latest, "Crack the Skye," is a flat-out masterpiece.

Also highly recommended ... Heaven and Hell's "The Devil You Know." H&H, for those who didn't know, is essentially Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio on lead vocals and Vinnie Appice on drums.

Mastodon has really come into their own. You're 100 percent right "Crack the Skye" is the album that I firmly believe will become a "London Calling", "Disreli Gears", or "Paranoid" to the next generation of little rockers. Can't wait for the day when my son starts digging through my records and finds stuff like Mastodon, QOTSA, Hank III, and Pelican. I know thats how I discovered a lot of stuff I still love to this day. The Wall, Led Zep 4, Ziggy Stardust, and when the old man wasn't looking Richard Pryor. Just wanna say thanks pops for not listening to terrible music and helping me discover great bands and great albums.

When your old and gray and your son finds these songs, he'll be like. "What the heck is this stuff? You used to listen to this back in the day's?" Kind of like how we make fun of our old folk's. :lol:

Funny though, the older I get, the more I appreciate the classic's. Classic Rock'n'roll, and classic Hot-Rods. Real stuff made by real men. And or women!

Now'in day's everything is either computer generated, which is cool too, or store bought.

When your old and gray and your son finds these songs, he'll be like. "What the heck is this stuff? You used to listen to this back in the day's?" Kind of like how we make fun of our old folk's. :lol:

My 17 year old son has a musical taste similar to mine. A local station has started playing classics so he has now found ZZ Top, The Alman bros, 38 Special, early Van halen, Kansas, George Thorogood, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Lynard other than freebird. He's always like the Clash and the Ramones. It seems so strange having him refer to these as "classics". Where did the last 2 or 3 decades go? He doesnt "get" hot rods or models though.......musta been dropped at birth.

Head bang ????? oh yeah just recently cut the long hair off ( to keep my job :lol: but that is another story ) When i build i have the radio on and it is on classic rock So when did Metallica become classic rock ????

But i will turn the computer on and let Itunes play and i have everything from ABBA to ZZTop and my wife has the same tastes along with dance and pop and some country. And i have heard of Vixen.

Too many favourites to make a list .

Michael

Edited by hvymtl

Well, when I'm in the workshop, it's usually for maybe 15 minutes at a time, so I don't listen to too much. But the only CD i have in the workshop at the moment is Dream Theater - "Metropolis Part II: Scenes From a Memory".

I can listen to most music, with the exception of rap, hip-hop, and country. Mostly I listen to progressive rock and progressive metal, bands like the aforementioned Dream Theater, Rush, Genesis, etc.

Eminems new Album "Relapse", i'm not really into rap anymore but i'm still a big Eminem Fan. also listening too Green Days new album "21st Century breakdown"

I listen too pretty much everything. alot of country. alot of rock (all kinds, alternative, Grunge, heavy metal, hair bands). and some Pop. I got about 700 songs on my Itunes playlist and thats growing pretty much every day.

NO!! Chicago though, I literally get a headache every time I hear any of that bands songs.

Edited by gasman

This is too funny, 8track!!! I am happy,I just just scored an Alpine 7517 cassette deck for the 83 and a buddy of mine found a Kenwood KRC-3005 cassette deck for the 77 celica at a thrift store for $2.50. I have been searching for the Ol School shaft style Alpine deck, but all the ones I find are either missing part or the sellers want huge money for. I also stumbled across a thrift store that had a huge selection of cassettes for .89$ a piece. I picked up Journey's 'Escape', some Molly Hatchet and G-n-R's 'Appetite for Destruction' Can't wait to get the radios installed and the cars fired up.

I do plan to keep an 'IPod' type cassette adapter in the car. Right now the MP3 player is booming Metallica's 'Broken, Beaten and Scarred' into my ear canals. My most played list right now would include Rage Against the Machine, Metallica, Megadeath, some Green Day(before they got preachy), some U2(before they got weird and preachy) and THE CLASH!!!! Long live Joe Strummer!!!!

Edited by Ken

Lately, Phish's 'Picture of Nectar', Joe Ely's 'Live Shots' (with considerable help from The Clash), 'Live With A Little Help From Our Friends' by Gov't Mule, Procol Harum's 'Live With the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra' and 'Grand Hotel', 'Freakshow' by the Bulletboys and 'Nico' by Blind Melon.

I just through in the 8 track for the fun of it. I could've gone older and say, what's on your vinyl? Or something silly like that. Country, can't stand it. I heard Jerry Springer used to be a country-singer, a mayor as well? Sorry, but I love that guy! His show is lame and retarded I know, but I like his personality and the comments he makes him selfe. He's great!

I titled the thread Itunes and 8 track as that can be everything in between, vinyls as well.

I love playing my Itunes on my new computer cause sometimes I just enjoy watching the way cool visualizer that Itunes has and on my old PC it was slow, choppy, and would glitch. It's silky smooth glitch free and I love it!

No offense to those that love it, but country is one of those I can't stand to listen too. <_<

I'm currently listening to Lamb of God's new album Wrath. My playlist includes BLS, Thy Will Be Done, As I Lay Dying, and if I feel nostaligic [which is often] I'll slap on some Thin Lizzy, Zep or maybe some Beatles.

I listen to lots of aggresive metal though.

Bob

I tend to be very eclectic, but for the most part anything considered mainstream or trendy I'll drop like a hot potato! Lol!

I started my Windows Media Player, hit shuffle, and this was the first 10 that came up.........

Lost And Found-Micky And The Motorcars

Radar Gun-The Bottle Rockets

Easy On Me-Jeff Black

Where'd You Hide The Body-James McMurtry

This Old Guitar-Chris Cook

Outfit-Drive By Truckers

I Still Do-Reckless Kelly

Once In A While-The Badlees

Hot Rod Lincoln-Bill Kirchen

Hottest Thing In Town-Billy Joe Shaver

I'll bet not many of you have heard of some of those, huh? Lol!

Edited by roadhawg

I tend to be very eclectic, but for the most part anything considered mainstream or trendy I'll drop like a hot potato! Lol!

I started my Windows Media Player, hit shuffle, and this was the first 10 that came up.........

Easy On Me-Jeff Black

Outfit-Drive By Truckers

Not a single one, lol

is that Country?

Only one I've herad of is the Drive By Truckers,, wouldn't be able to ID any of thier songs though.

The only country music I own is by these guys,,,

09c.jpg

The lead singer, Alex Madsen, and I've been buds for years.

I went over to their MySpace and had a listen.....awesome stuff! Tell 'em they got a new fan!

Anybody know where I can find the theme song to the movie The Cannonball Run? You know, in the opening title where they do the Lamborghini Countach/police car chase scene through the dessert highway? The only song I can find that is called the Cannonball Run theme song is NOT the one I'm looking for. What they call the theme song is the song they played when the racers were gathering at the hotel and started their actual race.

I have found the cool Cannonball song as heard in the second movie. "Like a Cannonball". That song is played during the ending of the movie as they start leaving the Pinto Ranch after saving the Sheik and his money, they all get back in their cars and race to the finish line. A pretty cool song and I will purchase it as soon as I have the fund's. But meanwhile, I'm looking for the opening title song Cannonball Run.

Strange request I know, but I've always loved that song, that and the theme song to the movie Condorman. Anybody know that one?

I have tried Itune's search for all songs, but only ones that come up with is Like a Cannonball, and that other one I mentioned.

It's either number 1, or number 11 as both have Cannonball in it. But the song I'm looking for is the one that they play at the very start of the movie when the police are chasing the black Lamborghini Countach. I think it's also in the second movie as well when the police are chasing the white Lamborghini which becomes red after they hose-down the water-based paint.

One of those songs I believe is the one they play while the racers are gathering at the hotel at night starting the race.

The one I'm looking for has these lyrics in it.

"It's not what you do it's how you do it. You'll be you and I"ll be me. It's just the matter of style, you can face it....Let'em roll, from sea to shinning sea, sea to shinning sea, ball. Cannonball."

Sorry, that's the best I can do from memory. LOL!

Yes, thank you! Now I just have to find that song on CD or Itunes so I can play it!

What do you say when you write with no words?

(feeling)

Feel a song that's never been heard?

(sing it)

How do know if you did it all?

(answer)

What do you do when you've done it all?

(ball)

[bridge]Cannonball (cannonball)

Cannonball (cannonball)

Cannonball

[Chorus]It's not what you do

It's how you do it.

Be anything you want to be

It's not what you got

It's how you use it

You be you

And I'll be me

It's just a matter of style

You can fake it

Mile after mile

Feeling free

If you got the soul

you can make it

Move-em out (move 'em out)

Let 'em roll (let 'em roll)

From sea to shining sea

Ball (ball)

Cannonball (cannonball)

What do you do if a mountain is there?

(move it)

How do you answer to a challenge in today?

(take it)

When your back's against the wall?

(fake it)

What do you do when you've done it all?

(ball)

[bridge]

[Chorus]

Cannonball! (cannonball-cannonball)

Don't ask me why this song is so important to me. I just enjoy hearing it every time I watch the movie and sometimes I enjoy the movie just to listen to the song. It's a great tune, not really for dancing, but it's a feel good song! Know what I mean?

Edited by FujimiLover

Easy On Me-Jeff Black

Outfit-Drive By Truckers

I've heard most of those bands Tommy. I always considered that stuff more alt-country than outlaw-country. Great stuff though. Aren't the Badlees a Pittsburgh based band? I think I saw them once when I was "stuck" going to see the Clarks (as a side note don't bother looking up the Clarks...You'll hate them) Are you into Ryan Adams and Jesse Malin? They're now closer to the alt than country but cool stuff none the less. And I probably wouldn't have know a lot of these guys if I didn't spend like 4 years working in a record store before my kids were born. Oh BTW check out Sodajerk I think you'll dig 'em. Later.

Aren't the Badlees a Pittsburgh based band?

Selinsgrove, actually. Just how a Georgia redneck ended up liking a regional PA band I'll never know! Lol!

Are you into Ryan Adams and Jesse Malin? They're now closer to the alt than country but cool stuff none the less. And I probably wouldn't have know a lot of these guys if I didn't spend like 4 years working in a record store before my kids were born. Oh BTW check out Sodajerk I think you'll dig 'em. Later.

Yep, Ryan Adams is ok, don't know Jesse Malin.