Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Model T?

Aaronw

Rick, I haven't bought A M T's latest Repop, the Tall T . In the 1965 box, the one that is represented by the art on this issue , the interior had a "Biscuit Tuff Interior as opposed to the former "Roll- N-Pleat the 1960 or Chopped issue had reinstated . The Beer Keg gasoline tank was also a 1965 addition too. Also, the two windshield struts that attached at the front were also 1965 additions found on the chrome tree. Wheels as I recall were the Cragar wheels as in the 1960, they were Full Moon discs. Ed Shaver

Ed , you are right about the wheels , Full Moons and Cragers and quite a varity of tires through the decades . I build Factor Stock versions . I have two rods in WIP . As a result I am able to make some various years (for a string) and bodies . I can get , and so can you , the Mercury lightweight conversion . In the day lightweight . Revelle's '26 Tudor will fit the '27 chassis / fenders . The rod engine is the MEL '430' . It is quite a torque monster . This mill , the version of the '58 MY , made the large Edsels the fastest production car . Tom McKahill stated "Enough power to launch rockets . Mash the gas and the rear tires break loose ." My cousin owned one and the Edsel did just that . The kit offers speed equipment for the Mill . Happy Building on this one . Thanx ..

• 1 month later...

These truly are 2 in 1 kits. Well, if you use the roadster body for the street rod variant anyway. The unchopped version would be even better- you could use the roadster cab on the hot rod and still be able to build a stock T coupe. Build two complete cars from the contents of one box? Don't mind if I do!

IMG_45541-vi.jpg

Hobby Lobby $22.99 minus 40% off coupon which is availible online if you don't get a newspaper.$14 i've bought two and will buy a couple more.BTW the valve covers are Lincoln Y-block 317 cubic in style.MEL 383/430 motors did not have two hold down bolts in the top of the covers.You could use old 60s 3n1 AMT Lincoln or even FE style covers for a more realistic look.I like this reissue thou i prefer the original stock all plastic wheel/tire assembly.

• 2 months later...

I did not do any Research but i have built and helped build some "T's" a "TT" also.

I worked with some real experts.

One worked in the Ford assembly plant in Denver ( building is still there on s Broadway.)

And wish they where still alive. as to modeling a "TT" don't worry about spring leaf count it is very hard to tell any of them apart.

unless you have them laying right next to each other the spring center bolt for a "TT" is longer but not all that much.

Kelsey-Hayes made some after market parts for "TT" truck's as did many other company's and your local Ford dealer

would order them for you or sears, monkey ward's, western auto etc on and on

worm drive rear end some with 2 speed" Ruckstell 2 speed rear axle. .

about 20 mph is all your going to get out of a "TT"

the back end of "TT" front fenders have no running board holes.

and no running board holes on back fender they were called Commercial fenders and they mount and look different.

Mountain brakes mount out side the drum and the emergency brake in side and the inside brakes were lined like the other's

cloth webbing belt's brass riveted to the shoe's and some now replace the webbing with Kevlar lining .

that can be hard on the old drums but it is ok i guess . 26/27 tranny drums were bigger and some refitted them to older tranny's .

sliding thru an intersection back wheels locked up is no fun one must plan ahead for stopping.LOL.

mountain brakes help with keeping the other brake cooler on a down grade but if you brake band is ok you could lock up the rear

axle no sweat just stomping on the brake pedal unless you hit a double neutral then the mountain brake might save you.

your ford dealer would paint your car or truck any color you wanted and ad any thing made for your car or truck at a extra cost of course.

so modeling a "T" or a "TT" you have some leeway it's not set in stone. have fun folks

Okay, here we at the one-hundred-thousandth question about the Model T,with the same old answers.

Why can't this stuff be found on this forum's search engine? Beats me. Here's what I get:

"One or all of your search keywords were below 2 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords."

This forum's search feature has a long way to go, but we need some way to answer to same old questions.

Okay, here we at the one-hundred-thousandth question about the Model T,with the same old answers.

Why can't this stuff be found on this forum's search engine? Beats me. Here's what I get:

"One or all of your search keywords were below 2 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords."

This forum's search feature has a long way to go, but we need some way to answer to same old questions.

Each search word has to be at least 2 letters, so T gets rejected as a "word," but if you search for the phrase "Model T" (put it in quotes), that gets around the "word has to have at least two letters" rule.

• 2 years later...