Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Cannonball Run build-off

FujimiLover

The best one was when Fenderbam and Blake drove off leaving JJ and Victor with a flat.

"Ooo, JJ, we got a flat! And those priests weren't fathers,"

JJ-"They were?"

"Mothers, oh geeze!"

LOL!

"Mad Dog, you are going to take a short cut to the interstate aren't yea?"

"We're here to win ain't we? If your going to be a bear! Be a grizzly!"

Edited by FujimiLover

The best one was when Fenderbam and Blake drove off leaving JJ and Victor with a flat.

"Ooo, JJ, we got a flat! And those priests weren't fathers,"

JJ-"They were?"

"Mothers, oh geeze!"

LOL!

"Mad Dog, you are going to take a short cut to the interstate aren't yea?"

"We're here to win ain't we? If your going to be a bear! Be a grizzly!"

LOL ,Here are some from the second cannonball run,

And now, the Rigatonis, the Tortellinis, the Fettuchinis, and even the Raviolis are bigger than we are. And why?

High interest rates.

Acid rain.

Japanese imports.

Uh... uh... none of the above.

No. No. No. Youse mugs already know the answer.

Gee, boss, if I knew there was gonna be a test, I would've studied.

[in unison] J.J. That son of a *itch!

while Terry and Mel try to get a car from Cal, the chimp plays with the phone]

Stop it, boy! I told you not to play with the phone!

[Cal hangs up the phone]

Dam chimp costs me three hundred a month in wrong numbers.

[the chimp starts throwing things at Cal]

Hey! Stop it, you primate! That's it, I've had it with you! 'Scuse me, boys. I need to teach this boy some manners. Hey, son.

[Cal hits the chimp with his hat. The chimp hits him back and knocks him across the room]

Now you stepped in it.

[to Mel and Terry] Boys, I got one condition on your needs. I'm gonna give you the limo, but only if you take this hairy son of a bitch with you!

Okay, you'll tell us.

We're gonna race to Connecticut and the one that wins gets a million dollars in cash.

Only a moron would back up a race like that!

[the Shiek enters] Ah, Fenderbaum and Blake. Good to see you! You should be sleeping at this hour. Remember, we leave at noon tomorrow.

[Fenderbaum directs the Shiek's attention to the Cannelonis] Wingtips? Barbarians! Come, come!

[the Shiek hands Caesar a handful of money] Buy yourself a decent clothing store. Infidels!

[the Shiek leaves] That was the moron.

You know, these liars could be telling the truth.

Don't you worry, 'cause you know what I'm gonna do?

What?

I'm gonna take this car, and I'm gonna turn so that I block the whole highway sideways. And when they come, they're gonna have a choice, either to ditch it, or ram right straight into us.

Yeah. Yeah. Ditch it or... ram STRAIGHT INTO US?

Yup.

We've put our heads together, and we've decided we're gonna rip off the Arab, on the road, during the car race.

Oh, you put your heads together, huh? IT MUST'VE SOUNDED LIKE A BOWLING ALLEY.

Is the Blimp driving?

No, it's the General.

The General? Oh, I'm gonna make a private outta him.

We're gonna die. We're gonna die, we're gonna die. What do you think they're gonna do to us?

I don't know what they're gonna do to you, but since Mr. T ain't here, I'll be too busy licking their boots to see.

What are you boys trying to pull?

There's been a nuclear meltdown and we're transporting some contaminated materials to Connecticut.

Well, why Connecticut?

They ran out.

Okay you highway scoff-laws and degenerates, let's keep this thing on the road. This is a build-off not a quote-off!

As funny and hilarious as they are, let's get back on track please? Thank you!

"You wait till he touches that lighter..............."

Edited by FujimiLover

Hello there people. How's the progress going? Is the "race" still on or have we all crashed? ;)

Please post pic's!

"We are still in pursuit of the red Lamborghini and we will be in pursuit till we catch it."

BTW, that's black Lamborghini, not red.

Red Lamborghini was in the second movie.

"If I tell you boy's something you won't think I've been drinking will yea? The red Lamborghini's vanished, but there's a white one behind me honking it's horn! Correction, it's passed me and it's got two great looking chick's in it!"

Edited by FujimiLover

• 7 years later...

Forgive me for reviving an old post. Brock Yates just passed away this last week and I so I looked here to see if there was an original Cannonball Run thread. Love reading it. Over the years I built some cars that either were in the actual race or were in one of the movies including Gumball Rally or looked like they could have been in the race. They of course are all lost, but I think I might do another just for the heck of it. Anyone know if the 1979 Subaru DL was every kitted? LOL

Forgive me for reviving an old post. Brock Yates just passed away this last week and I so I looked here to see if there was an original Cannonball Run thread. Love reading it. Over the years I built some cars that either were in the actual race or were in one of the movies including Gumball Rally or looked like they could have been in the race. They of course are all lost, but I think I might do another just for the heck of it. Anyone know if the 1979 Subaru DL was every kitted? LOL

No problem. This CBP has been going on for eight years now. It's an annual event with a different theme every year. I started it back on the SA forums and when they took away the poll function to serve as the "race", we moved here. Our current build off is currently underway and the theme is "Australia". Please feel free to check it out. We have never done a build off with just movie replica cars, but folks are free to if they wish. It's a great CBP with some top notch builders.

EDIT: Correction. This particular build off is not part of our annual event. This one started when ours was still on the SA forums.

Edited by Jantrix