Model Cars Magazine Forum

24 Heures du Mans

My P4 #25 NART Ferrari is getting closer to being ready, I need to fill a couple more spots where the chin was glued to the body and it's ready for primer. Thank goodness it's a white car (and molded in very dense white plastic); I'll lay out the decal designs (mostly stripes and the NART decals) and print them on both clear and white decal film on a laser printer. The colors should turn out quite good that way (too translucent for any other color). I didn't have enough time to try to buy some aftermarket decals. I should be ready to print out what I need after about an hour or so of designing them.

I found some GM-style rally mirrors in my parts box that are much closer to the 1:1 than the silly oversized mirrors in the Fujimi kit, meant for a different car. Hoping I can mask the prepainted gold wheel centers w/Silly Putty to spray the blue wheel rims. Can't wait for Saturday ;)

So far it looks like 3 Ferraris will be built this year in north Georgia at our classified rural "Road Ringgold" location :lol: . Fujimi P4 NART, Fisher 512, Tecnomodel 250GT Sperimentale are on the grid. Add to that an Alfa T33 '67 LeMans test car from Scale Designs and a pair of Corvette C6R's and some sort of Porsche.

It was a wet free practice, dont mean anything.

:lol:

GT1 is a bit of an embarassment this year, similar to the competition in ALMS. The 2 Corvettes have only got 2 customer Aston teams and a Lambo to compete against.

BTW, did anyone catch the chandelier hanging in the Aston garage ? Tres grand ;)<_<

Well, at least there is competition. In ALMS all it was was the two Corvettes, but now since they're going to GT2, it will be much better.

High class! ;)

True Nick. Oh, and I did forget to mention the 2 customer Corvettes run by Luc Alphand Adventures in GT1.

But a question to all... Celebrity Drivers.

How will Patrick Dempsey do in his Ferrari F430 ?

I think he will do okay. The F430 is pretty stright forward to drive and he is coming along in his driver's programme.

Well, he's not doing so bad in the Mazda in Grand Am. Hey, this is his first ALMS, Ferrari, and LeMans race, so he's not doing that bad, besides, at least it's finally an all American team with good drivers helping him. I think he's now referred more as a race driver than an actor. Doesn't he have dyslexia?

It appears that the Lizards are on the Pole!!! WOOHOOO!!! ;)

Well, it looks like I will be missing the beginning of the 24 Sat. (tomorrow now here on the East Coast) I have got tickets to the NHRA show @ E-town this weekend. I will be at the track Fri & Sat. I will definitely catch the overnight stuff though.

Hopefully I will have some good photos to post.

Edited by Tommy Kortman

It took Peugeot just 4 hours (and a safety car giving the lead Pug 1/2 a lap over the next car. an Audi) to drop the entire field 1 lap. Aside from the #3 Peugeot trying to take out Pescarolo's Pug in the pits, the only excitement otherwise has been in GT2.

Still hoping for a Lola-Aston on the Podium <_<

Me too.

me three...and three hundred thousand others.... :D

It took Peugeot just 4 hours (and a safety car giving the lead Pug 1/2 a lap over the next car. an Audi) to drop the entire field 1 lap. Aside from the #3 Peugeot trying to take out Pescarolo's Pug in the pits, the only excitement otherwise has been in GT2.

Still hoping for a Lola-Aston on the Podium :lol:

yeah me too and that's always where the excitment is. Best battles are there, although the Pugs are putting up a great fight against the Audi's which seem to be having some problems, but do very well when their good! :lol: Can't wait to see this span out! :lol:

me three...and three hundred thousand others.... :unsure:

yeah me too and that's always where the excitment is. Best battles are there, although the Pugs are putting up a great fight against the Audi's which seem to be having some problems, but do very well when their good! :D Can't wait to see this span out! ;)

Looks like it just might be the Pugs year.

I just heard a report about a overheating problem with Audis last bullet which has gone 2 laps down now.