Model Cars Magazine Forum

1938 Alfa Romeo 2900 Spyder

David Thibodeau

OK, not up my alley, but being built for a real high end client.. I will build anything if the money is right.. This is a french Profil 24 resin curbside kit. I wanted you guys to see what I have been working on the last few days as I have to get this one finished up shortly so I can get back to my detailed stuff....

The body was extensively cleaned, primed and painted as per the client in testors basic bottle red. Then 2 part cleared and polished. Then some PE detail was added. All the little body fasteners are PE and each painted red by hand.

P1010017-vi.jpg

P1010018-vi.jpg

They dont look like much but these seats were heavily modified from the totally wrong kit parts. I had to do them 3 times before the client was happy with them.

P1010001-vi.jpg

P1010002-vi.jpg

over a month after I sent the seats off to be casted, I got a nicely casted set in the mail. They were cleaned up, primed, and painted the same color as the car. Then dullcoated for realism.

P1010026-vi.jpg

Then the dash was reworked, All molded detail removed, primed, painted and cleared. Next I added all kinds of various PE, crimp tubing and kit supplied PE.

P1010028-vi.jpg

Beginnings of the interior!

P1010027-vi.jpg

Wheels and tires are also complete. All PE disks and aluminum rim blanks topped with chrome plated spinners that were chromed by Dale Horner.

P1010025-vi.jpg

Overall view so far..... Like I said, not a car I am thrilled with but it is fun to apply my techniques to unfamiliar territory. I hope you all like it so far......

P1010029-vi.jpg

DaveT

..... Like I said, not a car I am thrilled with but it is fun to apply my techniques to unfamiliar territory.

I think you may be surprised what a nice model this lands up being. It's a beautiful design. Your detailing will serve to enhance it. The seats turned out particularly nicely. Too bad it's a curbside since those Alfa straight eights are gorgeous motors - you woulda had a field day on it! ;)

Edited by gbk1

That's going to be a beautiful model. :) That Alpha body is simply stunning! All you little touches and attention to detail are making it a standout. My only regret is, we'll never see this in person since it's a client build. :(