Model Cars Magazine Forum

'66 Super-Nova

Mike601

Heres what the dzus fastener secure tabs look like. They are generally welded on to various locations where body panels need to be secured......body_h9.jpg

You can just cut a few from thin styrene or sheet aluminum and attach them just under the dzus screws you put on the hood.

It shouldn't be too difficult since you have the inner fenders as a mounting point....Just be sure to check hood clearance, and mounting location, in case the tabs prevent the hood from closing all the way...

Thanks for the info and pic!!! ;) I wish those were included with the fasteners :blink:

I'd say drill the corresponding holes on the inner fenders, and "fake" the plates with pieces of BMF. It's so thin it won't interfere with the hood closing. If you shoot some flat clear over the foil before you cut out the pieces you can knock down the shine a bit and make it look more like the real thing. You could even forget about drilling real holes and just simulate the holes with a dot from a black sharpie...

I'd say drill the corresponding holes on the inner fenders, and "fake" the plates with pieces of BMF. It's so thin it won't interfere with the hood closing. If you shoot some flat clear over the foil before you cut out the pieces you can knock down the shine a bit and make it look more like the real thing. You could even forget about drilling real holes and just simulate the holes with a dot from a black sharpie...

Thanks Harry!

Guest Gramps-xrds

I've got 2 or 3 of those unopened on the shelf and never tried to build one yet, but I like what you've done to yours. I may have to open one soon. :lol::lol:;)

Not a gold fan, but I really like that color on that car. The grill, headlight assy' to body fitment is not the best in that kit. Nice build!

LOL, Not much of a gold fan myself and chose the color cause its one I have not used, I do like how it looks in the sun. Thanks for the feedback, Mike

not much of a gold fan? ok it's all preference. :D I built one of these a few years ago and I think everything fell together, nice kit! I think yours looks great! All the fasteners made me think about running around the front of the car to get the hood off lol...still cool, nice build!

• 1 year later...