Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 Duster 340 *interior*

JTRACING

Good to see you posting your work again, definitely one of my favorite builders here in the forum. This thing looks gorgeous man!! Question, do you thin that clear? First time I hear about it. Care to share how you use it, what you use for thinning it and where is it available? Looks like a great clear!! :)

Good to see you posting your work again, definitely one of my favorite builders here in the forum. This thing looks gorgeous man!! Question, do you thin that clear? First time I hear about it. Care to share how you use it, what you use for thinning it and where is it available? Looks like a great clear!! ;)

no thinning or adding any hardener etc. its all pre mixed just load up your jar and spray, I got it at Canadian tire, im sure just about any auto parts store would have it in stock. pretty cheap and works over any kind of paint

http://www.carparts.com/DUPLI-COLOR-PAINT-...22197_10618.car

Edited by JTRACING

Wow!!! I like the fact that it's just ready to use. Looks like you can cover dozens of models with that amount too, I will definitely look into it!! Thanks for your quick response and hope to see your project finished soon, I am a big Mopar fan so this is one I will be following!! ;)

Just needs the black added to the bowl of the carb and that will look pretty real. What did you use for the cast iron color on the exhaust manifolds?

I glued on the air cleaner so i didn't bother detailing up the carb lol

for the pipes i paint them flat brown then add on some pastel, black, white and a rusty color

I glued on the air cleaner so i didn't bother detailing up the carb lol

for the pipes i paint them flat brown then add on some pastel, black, white and a rusty color

Thanks. I have been using some blacks and this powder detailing stuff that Tamiya makes. Comes in a case with three colors and looks like a make up brush in the package too. It's alright, but I still have not been happy with my cast iron colors.

please dont forget to add the quarter windows! they are fixed on the 1:1 cars and tip out at the back, can't be rolled down. drives me nuts to see models of Dusters, Dart Sports and Demons built without them. ;)

Dave

I agree with you on that one. :lol:

please dont forget to add the quarter windows! they are fixed on the 1:1 cars and tip out at the back, can't be rolled down.

Dave

Really? I did not know that.

Never owned or driven one..

Thanks for the heads up.

Ya know JTRACING,

For just simple lookin windows.

They look Great.

Must be the polish and the BMF.

and the NHRA Decal is a nice touch.

That's a fine lookin' Duster James! That paint is FLAWLESS!!

please dont forget to add the quarter windows! they are fixed on the 1:1 cars and tip out at the back, can't be rolled down. drives me nuts to see models of Dusters, Dart Sports and Demons built without them. :lol:

Dave

Yup! I once owned a 1:1 '74 Dodge Dart Sport (Duster clone) in the early '80's and always thought that feature was odd. There was room enough in the wheelwells for the windows to roll down, but Chrysler for whatever reason went with flip out rear quarter windows.

Still it was actually a hardtop with frameless doors-----at least it didn't have that vision blocking center B pillar! :lol:

found some decals from an old Cuda sheet i thought they would dress up the engine compartment a bit

imgp5672.jpg

imgp5665.jpg

imgp5659.jpg

imgp5664.jpg

imgp5656.jpg

James, the front frame and radiator support should be the same as the body color as these were uni-body cars. the K-frame was the only part there that was painted black ;)

very nice detailing still overall and it's looking awesome! the aluminum air cleaner is a nice contrast on the otherwise stock engine.

Dave

Figures i would goof up something! B) just trying to get stuff done fast as it was a long weekend here

Edited by JTRACING