Model Cars Magazine Forum

Out of photo space already.

The site isn't set up for hosting photos. You will need to get a photo hosting site, there are several good free sites out there.

I've had a free Photobucket account for several years and find it easy to use. Fotki is another popular hosting site.

http://photobucket.com/

http://www.fotki.com/us/en/

And, Fotki has a special that ends August 15. $20 per year.

I've already got a Flickr account. I pasted a link here to a photo there as a test. If it works you'll see a 32 Ford coupe.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12482094@N07/3811941312/ I hit "preview post" and it shows a link, but not the actual photo. I see others' photos whenever I click on the post title. Is Flickr different, or am I still screwing up?

You can't post a photo by just copying and pasting the image's URL into your post... if you want an actual image to show up (as opposed to just the link to the image), the image's URL has to be between "image tags", which are a bit of website code that "tells" the browser to show the image.

The nice thing about Photobucket is that when you want to post a photo, you simply copy the "IMG code" from the photo in Photobucket and paste that right here into your message. The "image tags" are automatically included in the info you just copied and pasted from Photobucket image. Presto! That bit of code will now appear as an image in your post here.

photobucket.jpg

I thought photobucket was free until you ran out of space?? That's what happened w/ my account! I am happier w/ Fotki now anyway..... :lol:

That may be but I've never run out of space, I've had it for 6 or 7 years so it is possible on newer accounts they have cut back on the space they provide.

Personally I like photobucket better because Fotki gets blocked at work. Not that I ever check this site while working. :D

Guest Gramps-xrds

The biggest problem I have with Fotki is, if you enlarge a pic then return to the last page it always takes you back to the top of the page instead of back to where you left off. If you have a lot of pix then you have to sort through to find where you left off. Photobucket doesn't do this.

So if someone posts a link to Fotki I generally won't bother looking.

Edited by Gramps-xrds

I just tried posting a picture and the message that I get or have been getting for the last couple of months is that the album is over the size limit if 1GB. Not only that but it is the slowest site I have ever been in. Also, when downloading pictures from the computer to photobucket it just takes too long, I just got tired of that..... :lol::rolleyes:

both Fotki and Photobucket have free/pay options. I personally don't like the way photobucket is set up and I have an account on there I never use. I have been on fotki for almost 5 years.

by the way...FREE Fotki accounts, you can request extra space each month...reminds me I need to go do that for my other two accounts.

I just recently started using Picasa to upload to Google photos. Fast and easy with 1GB of free space. I've had Fotki since they came out but it's starting to tick me off. It's slow, cumbersome, unreliable, and uploading/sorting photos takes too many steps unless you use Picajet. With Picasa you scroll through your pics with the mouse wheel, hit the "hold" button on pics you like, press "upload", choose an existing album or type the name of a new one, and you're done. I use it to share, not print, so I upload using the small file size option. I've got over a hundred pics on there and I'm only using 1.4% of my total space. Picajet, free for use with Fotki, is similar to Picasa but it doesn't feel as streamlined.

Edited by Ron L