Tamiya

1/20 Ferrari F60 F1 car

Fujimi

2009+ Nissan Cube

Fiat 500 Abarth

Aoshima

Mercedes SL63 AMG

Lancer EVO X AutoArt

Call me crazy but I like the Nssan Cube, hopefully it will be Left Hand Drive, I also hope the same for the SL63, hopefully Aoshima will offer some more Mercedes in the future (E550 Coupe)

anyone else heard of a rumor fo a modern F1 car comming from Tamiya ?

Bud, that would be the Ferrari F60 as was posted in the very first post. That is the car that is running now in F1.

The AMG has an option kit as well. Supposed to have engine detail.

Chris

If they made a LHD cube, then they'd have to make a whole different body.

I hadn't thought that far ahead, but you are right, and Fujimi will never do that. For those that don't know, the Cube has asymmetrical rear glass/pillars, so RHD and LHD versions are mirror images of each other...swapping a LHD dash isn't enough, a whole new body, with different glass and interior would be necessary.

I really liked the last generation Cube which wasn't sold here...the new one looks goofy, way too much radius in the window corners.

Bud, that would be the Ferrari F60 as was posted in the very first post. That is the car that is running now in F1.

The AMG has an option kit as well. Supposed to have engine detail.

Chris

Thanks Chris , I'm not that much on F1 other than watching once and a wile. Wile I'm showing my stupidness , what is AMG ?

Any idea on release dates ?

Bud

Thanks Chris , I'm not that much on F1 other than watching once and a wile. Wile I'm showing my stupidness , what is AMG ?

Any idea on release dates ?

Bud

Bud, AMG is a tuning company that works with Mercedes.

IF you are so inclined take a look at this:

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/#/home

Yeah, saw that bob. I went with the optional wheel kit. We'll see if I like the rims or not. Otherwise I'll have to find something more adequate to throw on there. The Black edition would really be nice.

Chris

Bud, AMG is a tuning company that works with Mercedes.

IF you are so inclined take a look at this:

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/#/home

Yeah, saw that bob. I went with the optional wheel kit. We'll see if I like the rims or not. Otherwise I'll have to find something more adequate to throw on there. The Black edition would really be nice.

Chris

not completely, Mercedes owns AMG, so you can say that AMG is like M-sport(BMW), Abarth (Fiat), Quattro (Audi) etc...etc...

• 2 months later...
Tamiya

1/20 Ferrari F60 F1 car

Fujimi

2009+ Nissan Cube

Fiat 500 Abarth

Aoshima

Mercedes SL63 AMG

Lancer EVO X AutoArt

Call me crazy but I like the Nssan Cube, hopefully it will be Left Hand Drive, I also hope the same for the SL63, hopefully Aoshima will offer some more Mercedes in the future (E550 Coupe)

That would be worth looking forward to.

Oh wait.

Is it AutoArt or RalliArt?

:rolleyes:

Can't wait for the F1 by Tamiya,the rest sounds very intersting to....but my heart is in F1 and I love builting Tamiya model kits.I collect them to build went I can.Thank ya,Chris

The F60 was just released in Japan today. Should be hitting the states in a few months. Of course you can always order it at your favorite Japanese online vendor too.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Just received the Aoshima Evo X Ralliart. Great kit. I have still yet to work up a full review for the magazine, but my only gripe so far is that the kit has the "star" style wheels and not the BBS type seen on the Evo MR and Aoshima's other Evo X kits. Parts for LHD included and not just the dash - cowl, wipers, and console too.

Got notification yesterday that my SL63 AMG is on its way too. From the photos of the kit I have seen on Japanese web sites it looks like Aoshima has hit another one out of the park! And it is not a curbside! Full review to follow when the kit gets here.

Happy holidays everyone!