Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fellow Wheel Sluts

If you have a Hobby Lobby in your area check them out. I just picked these up:

wh39-vi.jpg

These were 8.99 and I happily took 40% off of them. That makes them a whopping $5.77!!!

I looked all over and could not find more. But, it is a start. They also had the 3 pack rear wing kits, I passed on those. My store also had a few different Aoshima kits, mainly RX7 and Supra.

Anyway, just wanted to throw this out to you as an FYI!

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

I did the same thing. First one I stopped in had the box... but it was empty. I took it to the front to show them. The second one I stopped at had 2 boxes and I bought them both. Along with an Aoshima Mazadaspeed RX-7. Kid at the counter very nicely gave me 50% off all of it. When I tried to correct him he said never mind and let me go on my way :)

I may have to do some horse trading for some other wheels :D

are those just wheels or is it a whole kit? Ive been getting raped on ebay for wheels.

The top two kits are just wheel kits. Yeah, you can pretty much pay out the nose for the really nice sets on ebay.

These run $8.99 at Hobby Lobby which is a great price to begin with, but then take off their 30% or 40% and that makes them a great buy. I'm hoping in a week or two they do their 50% off model sale.

Chris

I'll have to check out the HL here (I'm still out of town while my Mom is in the hospital), last week I snagged the only set of Kranze LXZ's for 30% off, but I don't have a way right now to get a coupon. I'd snag the Interceptor if I can find it, and the HL here is pretty good compared to the one closest to my own home.

Last year they had a 50% off sale between Xmas and New Year's, but they also had 50% off Fri/Sat after T'giving, which they didn't do this year. Not sure if we'll see 50% off on kits anymore.

The HL here in Greenville SC had two sets of the TE 37's and Kranze, so they did restock this week. I snagged a Road Warrior car and left the wheels, I've got plenty of those wheels and don't need to hoard any more :wink:

This particular HL has always had a good selection, unlike the one(s) near home.

I will have to go check my local when I get off work today. I just snagged 2 of the LXZs. That was all they had at the time. Just made the trip to Tulsa last weekend and spent way too much at Top Shelf Models(one of the best locals I have seen in quite some time). So I will have to keep the wheel buying to a minimum for a bit. I will check tonight :D

Just got back from hobby lobby and hopefully the wife will not find out. Picked up a Kei's Office D1 S15, a set of the Volk TE37s and one of the Mad Max Interceptors. I was very glad to snag one of the interceptors as availability of those is spotty. Now to build them :D:lol: