Model Cars Magazine Forum

An interesting new modeling tool I've discovered

Law & Order and CSI (any of them.)

Hold the phone? Wha?

I've found when at least listening to police procedurals on TV, my mind tends to think more orderly and in a step-by-step manner.

Hmmm....just what you need to do assembly.

I was noticing this earlier when I was working on my transporter, and all of a sudden listening to the lab techs explain stuff and the steps involved, I noticed it was ordering my mind in such a way that I was seeing steps and instructions more clearly, and it got a lot of the side-thoughts pushed aside.

Perhaps it's just me, but I thought it a bit odd.

If you have similar problems with putting puzzles together, maybe you should pick up a few detective movies or shows on video or just watch for them on TV. Give it a try, you have very little to loose!

Charlie Larkin

Try Classic Rock........ :lol::lol:

I actually prefer jazz when building, but it has to be the right type. I usually listen to Dave Brubeck, Thelonious Monk, MJQ, Art Blakely, and that variety when building. The down-tempo music slows your mind down a little, allowing you to concentrate more, and some of the more complex music (especially Monk) helps focus your mind. That's why classical music can help with mental development in infants.

Charlie Larkin

I'm an old geezer, and have my own workroom converted from a spare room at my place. I have outfitted it with cable tv, a sound system and other creature comforts while I build. Yes I watch Law & Order, and my favorite is Special Victim Unit (SVU) and even at my advanced age, I would marry Mariska Hargitay in a minute, and even if it didn't work out, it would take a power chisel to remove the smile from my face. I also listen to beebop from the fifties, early and classic rock from the fifties to the seventies, and even some non-rap stuff from today.

I don't proceed in an orderly procedural fashion in my building. My fashion is to develop my own put-together sequence by mocking up my models at least 100 times to ensure fits and completion. I rarely read instruction sheets only to identify a part on a new kit.

My forte is sectioning, chopping, channelling, shortening, lengthening, frenching, cutting out doors and trunks, making door and trunk hinges and body molding. The majority of my time is to make sure seams are tight and fits are right, and the stance is even, square, and achieve the effect I want to make.

Ken "FloridaBoy" Willaman