Astrovette poll

Should I restore or customize?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Restore
    • Customize

Vette.jpg

Vette1.jpg

As Rob pointed out, and I forgot to mention, it would be a full detail build either way. I not thinking about doing an overkill on the customizing, just some changes to the hood, maybe some sidepipes, custom mag wheels, so on...

Thanks Rob, my brain is still in bed...

Edited by Custom Hearse

Well before I vote I'd like more info. How restorable is that winshield/sidewindows? Hows the chrome? Any body/frame twist? Missing parts? Curbside or full detail?

EDIT: After closer examination of the pics, I say restore it to best of your ability with the parts you have. The windshield can likely be replaced with some other windshield cut down. The side windows can be omitted. The wheels look bad, but replace them with something that still looks right for this car. Not too modern.

This car has a great design and overall visual appeal. I think it would be a shame to start cutting on it.

Edited by Jantrix

I voted restore. It's almost totally complete, and just needs a little cleaning up. Polish the windshield, foil the chrome, and give it a fresh coat of paint. It'd be killer. It would be difficult to improve the car by customizing it, and when you were done, it would look like a custom C3, not a cool Astrovette.

I voted restore, but if you wanted to customize it a bit you could get rid of the sport bar, to me it sits to high up with that lower windshiled and side windows. It would much more pleasing to the eye if it wer gone, the windshield and windows would flow wiht the body instead of stopping at the sport bar and letting the body "fall". I hope you arent painting it white again, you can barely see any detail! Of course, this is just my personall opinion :D

Also some sunken in small sidepipes would look really good on this, as long as you extended them to the front of those parade skirts, that way they wouldnt just appear when your following the beltline. you may be able ot get away wiht a small spoiler at teh rear there, not a wing type of spoiler just a small molded in spoiler. Just my opinion still.lol :D

If there is enough there to restore as the real car do so. While I realize that the all white scheme is a little dull, it is a car that appears to be rarely built and you'll probably have only one chance to build one. While there is the resin kit it is not an easy one to build as Ismael will attest.

Rob W

I say restore it as well, these are pretty rare cars!! The windshield glass can be saved, just polish it out like your polishing a paint job. The wheel covers are not on backwards either. I hope it all works out, and you save a bit of history there!!!!

I say restore it as well, these are pretty rare cars!! The windshield glass can be saved, just polish it out like your polishing a paint job. The wheel covers are not on backwards either. I hope it all works out, and you save a bit of history there!!!!

Restore that piece of worthless ######? Dispose of it!

Get it out of the house!

Get it out of the state!

Better yet put i into the mail to some unsuspecting sap. Heck, I'll even nominate myself to receive it. :D

Should be a relatively easy restoration although the glass will take a bit of work.

Mike

I like that! Saving a bit of history!

If you don't mind, when I post it, I'd like to use that for the title. Thanks John!

Restore that piece of worthless ######? Dispose of it!

Get it out of the house!

Get it out of the state!

Better yet put i into the mail to some unsuspecting sap. Heck, I'll even nominate myself to receive it. ;)

Should be a relatively easy restoration although the glass will take a bit of work.

Mike

Well... Since Ismael already told me that the plastic is radioactive and only he can dispose it properly, and I'm guessing you also know how to do that, I guess I can slice it down the center and send each of you half... :D:lol:

Thanks for the help and the vote!

Glad to see that you're going to restore it. It's cool that it's complete. I'll be looking forward to seeing how it progresses. I do like the concept. Although, I'm used to seeing my Dad's '73 Stingray convertible so those skirts are a bit of a shock, not bad just VERY different.

Thanks Erik! It's gonna be a week or two, but I'll have it up and going soon.