Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who is that makes scale bolts

Guest promodmerc

Guest promodmerc

I thought it was Pro-Tech but all I saw was photoetch stuff. Not that it wasn't quality stuff though but I need the actual threaded scale bolts

I second that, Harry!. Their stuff isn't cheap, but frankly, their bolts and rivet details can't be beaten either, for looks. And if you check their website, they even have super-tiny threaded bolts, and nuts to go on 'em.

Their service is fantastic, every time I have ordered from them, my order has arrived within 3 business days of my placing it.

Art

I second that, Harry!. Their stuff isn't cheap, but frankly, their bolts and rivet details can't be beaten either, for looks. And if you check their website, they even have super-tiny threaded bolts, and nuts to go on 'em.

Their service is fantastic, every time I have ordered from them, my order has arrived within 3 business days of my placing it.

Art

Wow, you're not kidding, definatly not cheap, but AWESOME detail.

Guest promodmerc
Yeah, not cheap by any means. You have to "pick your spots" and use them where they'll have the most effect. In other places where a "fake" bolt head would do, you can make them from hex shaped styrene rod.

They will be visable where I'm going to use them. I will be using them for air cleaner bolts. A bag of 25 pcs will last me a while.

Yeah, their stuff can't be beat for us guys into superdetail! Also since their simulated bolts are made of brass thus sturdy, getting those working features to work makes it nice too! :lol:

Like Harry said, you gotta be a little choosy where to put them because they are a bit pricey considering. For static things, Walthers makes some nice plastic bolt heads which translate well into 1/24-25th.

All great sources of bolts and boltheads. One other is to venture over to the model railraoding side of the business and find "Grandt Line Bolts". These are primarily plastic bolts and boltheads with many different styles and sizes to choose from. And because they are plastic they are fairly resaonable. Usually a package of 50 bolts (they come on a sprue just like model kits) will only run about $2 to $3 dollars. They also make brass variations as well as white metal ones, which go for a bit more money, but not much more.

Check them out.

http://www.grandtline.com/